Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Urgent assistance needed - mailbox full?

This is a discussion on Urgent assistance needed - mailbox full? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi everyone, Please, please, please can someone help me because, despite a whole week of emails and telephone calls to ...

Debster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Urgent assistance needed - mailbox full?

Hi everyone,

Please, please, please can someone help me because, despite a whole week of emails and telephone calls to Sky, I am STILL having problems with my emails.

I keeping getting emails from "ADMIN" to say a message cannot be delivered because my mailbox is full. I know someone else has queried this recently and I think the general consensus was that it was phishing......I DON'T think this is the case!

So.........after the first email, I went to my Sky mail direct (rather than through Windows Mail as I usually view it) and went through all my emails - inbox, sent, deleted and so on. First thing I should mention is that a lot of my emails appear to have vanished. All those that I had either starred or applied labels to have just disappeared. This is probably a separate issue but if anyone knows where they might be.......

So.........I'm left with just a few emails in my inbox and I STILL get these messages. However, I know they are genuine emails - part of the "ADMIN" email tells you who the stopped email was from - these are genuine addresses that I would expect to be getting emails from - an example - I had to get someone to email me a password today that I had forgotten - instead of receiving this, I get the whole "Admin" message again, saying this Comany had tried to send me an email but it had been stopped as my mailbox was full.

Now, if this wasn't bad enough, I've been made redundant this week and I desperately need to use my mailbox - can anyone PLEASE give me any advice because I'm not receiving most of my emails now.

SKY have not been any help - as we speak, I am now awaiting my fourth call back.

Many thanks,
      Debbie

2. Advertisement
      googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Urgent assistance needed - mailbox full?

I imagine you have looked in sent and trash, also spam.

TBH I have never seen this, all I can say is the above, which I imagine you have done. This is a little head scratcher.

The size of the mail box is massive though, I have yet to fill the thing. Maybe look at files with attachments.

I Imagine you are looking in the email area on sky.com

Exchange:
      Thanks

I think i may have found the solution but, in doing so, have now created another!!!

I had an old email account with NTL which I had linked into my SKY account - it would that ALL the messages I was receiving this message with were the ones coming through the NTL system.

So I have logged into NTL and deleted all the old emails on the server........hopefully this will now stop me getting those messages.

However, now any mail that is sent to me either directly to my SKY email address or to the NTL address do NOT go into my INBOX - they are going directly to my ALL MAIL file which means I cannot archive any.

What have I done? I AM a computer retard so any advise would be most welcome!

Thanks,
      Debbie

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ok, thats good you have found the problem. Just to make sure we are on the same wave length, you are logged in to sky.com, and in the inbox is nothing ? but the mail is in the all main. This is one of two things, either they have been downloaded to a mail client (outlook, outlook express...) or forwarded on to another mail address.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks.....yes - when I log in to SKY mail, the email seems to have bypassed by Inbox and gone straight to the allmail box. I haven't changed anything so.........??????

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ahhhhh, I am a little blind as I cannot get in to the settings. From the inbox, click on mail settings, you should have various tabs along the top once loaded. We are looking for some thing like pop/forwarding.

I there there are various options the one you are looking for is the option to forward on to another email address and to see if it blank.

I have just had a thought in windows mail is it configured to pick up the Sky mail ?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yes and they DO appear to be going into the inbox on Windows Mail still......I'm guessing this is where the problem lies?

How do I change this back so it goes into the INBOX at SKY first too??

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thank you so much..............you were right - the box on the mail settings had been altered not to go to the inbox but to go direct to the all mail box.

I cannot thank you enough for all your help...................I've had a whole week of this nightmare!!!!!

My sincere thanks again,
      Debbie

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thats ok, I love email problems.

Hope all goes well from now on.