Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Email Major problems

This is a discussion on Email Major problems within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi All My first post here so like to say hello to all Right then I have been a sky ...

colinhepburn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Email Major problems

Hi All
      My first post here so like to say hello to all
      Right then I have been a sky customer on an of about 12years 3 months ago I re subscribed to HD and Broadband connect after leaving BT thatís an other story how ever joining Sky BB looks like itís the biggest mistake I have ever made big-time
      Major problems have developed with my Email windows mail in the 3 months as it with disconnect giving an error code of 0x800cccod meaning cannot find server right after resetting settings with the sky tech dept the following moth the same thing and agen the next month all at about the same week in the month I suggested to this manager chap that there may be bug in the sky system his sharp reply was our system is working perfectly
      Well he went on to insist this and that thy do not support windows mail and to contact Microsoft well I did and MS said it was my isp that was at fault this manager will not expert this and still insists its MS or My System its not my system he did not know what this error code meant ether now we have a stall mate as I cannot get past this idiot to get this problem resolved this is just part one more to came standby
      Cheers
      Colin

2. Advertisement
      Bufferz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallasey
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Email Major problems

better off using something like googlemail or hotmail, esp if at some point you move isp, then you face having to inform everyone of you address change....
      With SkyBB:

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

can you access your email online? if so, the account IS fine and chances are it's a setting on your PC that's causing the issue...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

if this is the following error message...

The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
      server name correctly.
      Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL):
      No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

then it's a setting issue on YOUR PC...Sky's pop server has to be enabled online and then Windows Mail set to SSL encyrption with port 995 in use...the error code would suggest you've not set your client up correctly...

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bufferz View Post
      better off using something like googlemail or hotmail, esp if at some point you move isp, then you face having to inform everyone of you address change....
      Hi Bufferz
      No I donít use these mail progs as I donít like them I have use outlook express from the start and its what I am use to ok its now windows mail but I have never had any major problems until sky to use the likes of the emailing progs you mention is just like giving in to sky telling me what I cant and cant use on my PC as which this idiot manager is telling me to do I will not be told how I cant use my PC by anyone not even Sky

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

You can use anything you like but this "idiot manager" is advising you how to get your e-mail if you need to.

It's not Sky's fault you don't know how to set your e-mail client up, it's yours.

I suggest if you wish to keep using it, you read the help forums and work out how it acutally works before you call other people idiots.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Oh and by the way, check the details that you are putting into the client because if your posts are anything to go by you may be messing them up too.

Half of your posts don't seem to make sense.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      can you access your email online? if so, the account IS fine and chances are it's a setting on your PC that's causing the issue...
      Hi yes sky email sends a receives again I donít like using it and it is not a setting on my pc I have managed to get hold of a chap who works for sky diagnostics team who is interested in this problem and has offered to solve this in his own time as well
      And he has told me at the start it has nothing to do with Microsoft or my PC settings like this manager is insisting I am self tot on computers and yes I do no a fare bit as well and what this chap has discovered so far is because of the time stamp on this error problem s being on a parietal time to the Sky HD box being updated it I kicking of my connection there for the error code 0x800CC0D cannot find server is true my system is fine he is look- further in to this a is getting back to me proving this manager idiot Hasnít a clue what he is taking about I will repeat it has nothing to do with my system or Microsoft when its working its fine the HD Box phone line is unplugged as part of the test to be carried out
      yes my settings are set to the correct ssL settings are as they are supposed to be OH and sorry if my posts are difficult to read that due to the fact that i am Dyslexic and it is difficult for me to explain hens the spelling as well however i an right with the settings has been confirmed by sky
      Last edited by colinhepburn; 18-04-09 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks

but the error code explains that you're using the wrong server ports - it might be worth deleting the account and starting again as I'm currently sat here using Outlook 2007 with 7 Sky accounts, 5 Gmail accounts and a couple of own domain accounts all working fine...

would be interesting to see what happens...

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      but the error code explains that you're using the wrong server ports - it might be worth deleting the account and starting again as I'm currently sat here using Outlook 2007 with 7 Sky accounts, 5 Gmail accounts and a couple of own domain accounts all working fine...

would be interesting to see what happens...
      my windows mail as i have said is setup correct and is working fine at the moment we do suspect the HD box is Kicking it of

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast