Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Calendar not working

This is a discussion on Calendar not working within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Is there a fault on the Sky Calendar ? All day I have tried to update or create entries, but ...

mccaba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0141
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Calendar not working

Is there a fault on the Sky Calendar ?

All day I have tried to update or create entries, but it is only partly adding the entry. It appears on the calendar, but says its "still saving changes". Problem is, it stays like that indefinitely, and if I exit the Calendar the entry is lost.

Been working fine for over a year until the last couple of days.

Andrew

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Calendar not working

It's been broken a couple of weeks I think, they are aware and are investigating why it's not working for some customers and working for others.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Found a work around. It appears you can edit an existing entry without any problems, so I can create a duplicate of an existing entry and then edit as a new entry. Seems to work OK. Strange though.

Andrew

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky sent me the following as a work around. Works fine for me.

"Whilst this matter is investigated and resolved by our engineers we have found a workaround that you can use as a temporary measure until the issue is fully fixed.

After signing into your calendar to create an event you need to add one event only. If you then click on the bright red area of this event you will find that it states that it is still saving changes. You now need to click on ‘sign out’ (at the top right hand corner of the screen).

You will then have the same calendar window reappear but with your event that was saving missing from it, however you should now be able to set up all your calendar events and appointments which will save successfully. When the events have successfully saved you will see that the event is saved in a duller red box and when clicking on it, it will now say that it is saved.

This fix has been tested on different Operating Systems and browsers but as it is not official it cannot be guaranteed to work for every customer."

Andrew