Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

POP in Outlook 2007

This is a discussion on POP in Outlook 2007 within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have managed to set up my outlook email (POP3) and all seemed to work for a while but then ...

paulbristow is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newport Pagnell
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

POP in Outlook 2007

I have managed to set up my outlook email (POP3) and all seemed to work for a while but then it stops, I have to keep going into the web mail and keep ticking the radio button to allow POP3 in via outlook but when I go back and look at the settings none of them are checked (yes, I did save the changes) and I have to do it all again.

Also I keep getting 2 emails in my outlook inbox,when it is working one is the actual sent email and a copy but I have said "When messages are accessed with POP delete sky mails copy"

I just want a clean inbox in outlook, I do not like or use web mail

Just sent an email from outlook to my work email and I got the email that I sent delivered to my outlook inbox, why in the hell would I want that !!!!

Paul
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails POP in Outlook 2007-mail1.jpg  
      Last edited by paulbristow; 19-03-09 at 11:34 PM.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: POP in Outlook 2007

The radio button on the POP settings page will clear itself, this is normal, it should however say at the top of the IMAP/ POP and Forwarding tab "POP enabled since XX/XX/XX".
      Why not try IMAP instead? May be easier, any sent items will go to the sent items folder on the PC so you shouldn't keep seeing copies in your inbox.

Thanks

Tried IMAP what an awfull way to manage email accounts ended up with loads of extra folders then I put my wifes email in using IMAP, and yes another load of folders, mine is called Google Mail and my wifes is called Gmail what a mess.

Why cannot we have a normal POP3 account that works like Tiscali, BT, Virgin etc if I had known that Sky broadband works like AOL I would have run a mile.

Went back to POP3 and outlook now looks normal, if I send myself an email (how sad is that) it never arrives, but if I go into the Web Mail and click any of the radio buttons for POP3, then go back to Outlook and send /receive the email arrives all 2 of them!!!!

Does this mean every time I want to read an email in Outlook I have to go into Sky Web Mail and "Press a switch"?

I tested the account settings in Outlook and thay are perfect (Thank you Mr Gates) so why is this so, I should be able to set up an POP3 email account in 5 mins not 2 days.

All I want is my email to appear in my inbox....any ideas

Thanks

It gets worse I have a IPod Touch and have had no issues with POP3 in the past, that has all changed it wants to use the dreaded IMAP, think about it I have chosen to use POP3 for my Outlook 2007, so how can I select the IMAP function in the Web mail for the IPod and keep POP3 for Outlook.

This is now getting silly......Looks like I will go into day 3 setting up an email account

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

I have 4 Sky account all working via POP to Outlook 2007 here, along with another 3 Googlemail ones - never once had an issue...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

I have found that by clicking on IMAP and leaving POP enabled I can indeed have Outlook on POP3 and my IPod on IMAP , seems to have settled down now, although some emails (POP3) sometimes do not appear in Outlook but they are sitting on the Sky Mail, something I will need to look at.

Thanks

One major issue is that if I am on my IPod for example and I see a link for a web site and I email this to myself (IMAP on IPod) so I can pick it up on my desktop computer using Outlook 2007 POP3 the email never appears, but if I go into Sky Mail, there it is?

All other email appears in Outlook from other sources with no issues.

Also if an email is caught by the Spam filter in Sky Mail, again this will not be seen in Outlook (I have my own Kaspersky spam filter) so I have to keep going into Sky Mail to release it, is there any configuration in Sky Mail, like turn spam off?

It is a pain to keep going into Sky Mail to check for messages sent to me from my account and spam mail that is not spam, so they can be read in Outlook.

Any ideas would be appreciated (pending sky to get a proper mail server).

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

You can't turn off the googlemail spam filter. As far as I know though you can access the spam folder in Outlook via IMAP.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Sky won't be getting a 'proper' mail server - they had one for over a year which was constantly falling down...

anyway, Google is considered one of the best - with it's built in spam filters I've only had 1 email come to Outlook which is spam...everything else when I check online is dodgy so have no complaints...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Thanks for the info, I had 2 messages in the spam folder, guess who they were from....Sky and one of them was a reply from this forum, so I will have to keep checking via a browser, I have never ever had to do this before with an ISP's email system.

Tried IMAP in Oulook, too messy, folders everywhere will stick with POP3