Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

sky response time?

This is a discussion on sky response time? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have been on holiday to Cuba for 10 days, and received this email when I returned 12/3/09. I originally ...

shrimper1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: RAYLEIGH, ESSEX
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sky response time?

I have been on holiday to Cuba for 10 days, and received this email when I returned 12/3/09. I originally emailed them on 25/2/09, complaining about the lack of communication by SKY, regarding not being able to receive "outlook" emails.

Following message received from Sky Help Centre <help@skycustomersupport.com>
      10 March 2009 18:40

" Sorry for the delay in replying to your message.

I tried to call you today for some technical assistance.

Unfortunately there was no reply. Please call the Broadband technical help anytime. On 08442 410515 they are open 24 hours a day and calls are free due to you having Sky Talk on your account

Kind regards

Pierina

Sky Help Centre

Sky.com - Home "

THIS RESPONSE WAS RECEIVED 13 DAYS AFTER MY DETAILED COMPLAINT - SEE BELOW
      THIS SUGGESTS SKY HELP CENTRE HAS BIG PROBLEMS, AND I THINK IT'S TIME SOMEONE COMES CLEAN @ THE TOP ..... ARE THEY SHEDDING STAFF DUE TO REVENUES BEING HIT BY THE RECESSION, OR WHAT?
      ONE THING'S FOR SURE, THIS LEVEL OF RESPONSE AIN'T GONNA IMPROVE THEIR REVENUE FLOW, QUITE THE REVERSE I THINK!

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Enquiry Type:

Complaints
      Sky Broadband complaints
      Customer service (Broadband)
      Description:

Following is a message I could not add to the correct SKY web page ................ "No! the outlook servers have been playing up for weeks, and now down again as @ 21.24 (Wed 25/2/09), last email message rec'd 14.50hours today. C'mon SKY at least update your service OUTAGE notice, this is not good enough. I pay for SKY TV, and if it was not for the so called free Broadband, I would be on my toes back to Virgin. As I now take Setanta Sports instead of Sky's sport package, it won't take much for me to pull the plug on the lot: Phone, BB, & Sat tv! Don't treat your customers like morons, update your "systems down" notices, at least lesser gifted users would not be just left in 'the dark' - maybe thinking it's something they have done wrong!"
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      n.b. Just for the record, I found the temporary fix on the Digital Spy Forum, which involved changing email server settings from pop & smtp to "googlemail", but would still like to know if I should change the settings back, or whatever?

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: sky response time?

I think you soould move ASAP, you require a product with a much higher level of SLA, try getting a leased line.

Sky did have problems with their e-mail which is supplied by gmail, from what I remember, you could access it online though. Their responce time replying to e-mails is pretty poor but at lease they did respond

Not sure what else you expect them to do. You could always ring them for a quicker responce.