Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help With "SMTP"

This is a discussion on Help With "SMTP" within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey people i have a problem with my Sky email and "Vista & Windows mail" i have set up pop ...

WIBBLA is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Help With "SMTP"

Hey people i have a problem with my Sky email and "Vista & Windows mail" i have set up pop forward etc followed all instructions on SKY to set up all ok on recieveing mail no problem at all but try and send an i get this

"An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'New email..', Account: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Server: 'smtp.tools.sky.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B"

I am baffled i have tried everything please help.

Craig

2. Advertisement
      dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Help With "SMTP"

Have you tried Googling Error Number: 0x800CCC0B ? It comes up with many possible causes. The most obvious is installing a new version of your email client without fully uninstalling the old version.

Have you applied for a SkyUser SMTP account? Try http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/skyus...p-account.html If this doesn't work then it indicates it's a problem with your settings or email software.