Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help needed for stepson!

This is a discussion on Help needed for stepson! within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My stepson is having a nightmare with his emails, below is what he has just sent to Sky for help ...

spoon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Help needed for stepson!

My stepson is having a nightmare with his emails, below is what he has just sent to Sky for help but I think I might get more joy here? As you will see he has been on the phone and tried all the settings with no joy, even tried using pop.gmail.com etc! Any help would be great.

I have been in contact with Sky Support over the phone to sort this problem with no joy so maybe you can help?

I can login to my emails via the web but cannot login via either Outlook Express 6 on my XP pc or on my laptop using Vista Mail? All I get everytime is a pop up box asking for username and password, (yes I have entered these correctly) as mentioned above I have been through the setup process with one of the Sky Support team and still the same happens, I was actually told by Sky Tech support to contact Microsoft to sort this??? Its a Sky problem not Microsoft!

So if you can help me to get logged into my emails from either my PC or laptop I would be very greatful.

I do have the correct settings of 465 and 995 and the boxes that need ticked are ticked etc and again I can login online so again please help me to donwload my emails onto either my PC or Laptop! Also pop is enabled in the email settings.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Lee

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Help needed for stepson!

Sky have been having problems with mail over the last day or so but they should be ok now. See the other e-mail threads for a workaround by using the googlemail pop and SMTP accounts.

He should be able to get them through webmail though.

spoon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Help needed for stepson!

Thanks for your help, the googlemail trick didnt work but his email is now working so it muct have been an error at their end?

Thanks again