Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Mac Mail Settings

This is a discussion on Mac Mail Settings within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My incoming mail comes through a private server so I can send all my email through a personalised email address ...

tommygliverpool is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01628 636189
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Mac Mail Settings

My incoming mail comes through a private server so I can send all my email through a personalised email address whilst my outgoing mail is through Sky.

This has never been a problem with BT Internet and was fine when I moved to Sky until a couple of months ago. Whilst I'm still receiving emails fine, I can no longer send emails through Mac Mail even though it all appears to be set up properly. Every time I try to send a message, I receive a message saying the SMTP rejected my password and asking me to re-enter my password.

My settings seem fine and my password is definitely correct. My incoming server guys tell me its all fine and Sky tell me its all fine so I'm not sure why I can no longer send emails and its really really frustrating.

Someone told me that Sky may have blocked my account because they can see that I am sending emails through them but not receiving them. This isn't a business email address though.

Can someone PLEASE help...

2. Advertisement
      indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Mac Mail Settings

Quote Originally Posted by tommygliverpool View Post
      My incoming mail comes through a private server so I can send all my email through a personalised email address whilst my outgoing mail is through Sky.

This has never been a problem with BT Internet and was fine when I moved to Sky until a couple of months ago. Whilst I'm still receiving emails fine, I can no longer send emails through Mac Mail even though it all appears to be set up properly. Every time I try to send a message, I receive a message saying the SMTP rejected my password and asking me to re-enter my password.

My settings seem fine and my password is definitely correct. My incoming server guys tell me its all fine and Sky tell me its all fine so I'm not sure why I can no longer send emails and its really really frustrating.

Someone told me that Sky may have blocked my account because they can see that I am sending emails through them but not receiving them. This isn't a business email address though.

Can someone PLEASE help...
      Its not that they are blocking you, its that Sky do not allow 3rd party email addresses to send throught their SMTP server.

You need to use another SMTP server to send your 3rd party domain emails.

Helpmeplease is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Broadband Option 1 (not for much longer)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hello,

I had a similar experience, when I with Sky Broadband and had a mail server. My mail server worked perfectly for a number of months, sending emails outbound and then it just stopped.

In the end, I had to use DynDNS services (Mailhop Outbound) and this fixed the issue as I was no longer using Sky Broadband's SMTP servers.

When I was with Nildram, etc - they use to check things like that, so it wouldn't suprise me if Sky were doing checks.

Thanks

Thank you both - that's interesting.

How do I go about sorting out this DynDNS service (Mailhop Outbound)???

Many thanks again.

Thanks