Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

update to mis-spelt primary usernames

This is a discussion on update to mis-spelt primary usernames within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; There is a new (well i say new, it may have been around for a while, but I only just ...

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

update to mis-spelt primary usernames

There is a new (well i say new, it may have been around for a while, but I only just found it) process to deal with customers whose primary username has been mis-spelt at time of creation.

Sky can now change your primary username if one of the following three conditions are met

• Primary Account holder has died
      • You have had your name changed by Deed Poll
      • Your username is mis-spelt

If you meet one of these conditions, then you can request a change of primary username.

If you do request this, you must provide a preferred username, and 2 alternatives, in case your preferred one is already taken. It then gets escalated, and should be dealt with within 7 days.

However, if your primary username is changed, i believe you will lose all access to your previous username, and will lose all emails you have received.

Please note this only applies to Primary usernames. If you have created a secondary account and have mis-spelt the username yourself, you can only remove the account from the primary profile and create another account yourself.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: update to mis-spelt primary usernames

Yep it's been something that can be dealt with for a little while now (weeks not months). It takes time as you say and sometimes just creating a new email/ user name is a far simpler option but if customers want it done then it can be done.

burnley_lad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Burnley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

is it possible to change the primary username to something more appropriate?

When I registered on 'my sky' a couple of years ago when I just had Sky TV, I created a daft username, not realising that two years down the line I would get sky broadband and that the primary username would become the first part of my e-mail address?

I have created two additional users (and subsequently new e-mail accounts) for my wife and I, but I was wondering if it was possible to change the primary username just because I chose a daft name?

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Nope. Currently primary names are only being changed for the above reasons.