Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sending limits on outgoing mail

This is a discussion on Sending limits on outgoing mail within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there - I am new to Sky Mail and new to this site. I have had probs sending email ...

pookinpie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01923
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sending limits on outgoing mail

Hi there - I am new to Sky Mail and new to this site. I have had probs sending email from my new sky email account. After 2 days totally useless telephone support that could not solve the problem (able to receive but not send email) someone at webmail support finally told me that sky impose a 50 mail and hour sending limit on emails - this was the final explanation for why i can send a number of group emails without a problem, then suddenly any email (group or individual) come bouncing back to me. I was told that if I send more than 50 mails per hour my account is automatically locked for 24 hours. I was triggering this problem by sending group emails to people in my address book to let them know my new email address!!

Has anyone else expeienced this problem or can verify I have been given the right information? I'm astounded that it took 2 days, 8 lengthy phonecalls and as many helpdesk/engineers getting me to tiddle about with pop3 settings etc etc until I was told the reason for the problem was the 50 mail limit! I won't know if I can send email until tomorrow when my account should unlock again - but I am receiving mail no problem. It all seems rather suspect to me!

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: Sending limits on outgoing mail

IF it is true, first I've heard about it...other than people getting suspended for sending bulk email, so it might be true...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket