Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Email not sending problem

This is a discussion on Email not sending problem within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am unable to send emails with the new sky broadband package. I have read many instructions on how to ...

wendfd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Email not sending problem

I am unable to send emails with the new sky broadband package. I have read many instructions on how to set this up but my question is. Can you have another non sky account as you main email or do you have to set up the sky email first. I want to use my original wanadoo account. Do I follow the instructions on here but just put the appropriate server in it place.

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Email not sending problem

Quote Originally Posted by wendfd View Post
      Do I follow the instructions on here but just put the appropriate server in it place.
      Yes but you might need the free SkyUser server to enable you to send emails, there is a whole forum further down the main page about it.

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

If you wish to continue using your wanadoo email you will need to use the POP settings given to you by wanadoo, but as Alan says you will need an alternative server for your SMTP and the Skyuser smtp server is good (and free!).

Bear in mind if you cancelled you wanadoo account the email will be cancelled also.

wendfd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It was a dial up account. Ex freeserve. so I didn't pay wanadoo for anything. Just BT on dial up. pay as you do

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

That should be O.K. then as I have some old dial-up accounts that are still active years later.

If you have been accessing it via dial-up on BT 0845 or 0844 nos then wanadoo have been getting a percentage of the call cost you have been paying to B.T., and they may have a requirement for you to dial-in on a regular basis.

Take a look at this page:
      Orange - retrieving your account and restoring settings

haroldford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01322
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Right I have received my smtp details and have entered them but no luck so far. I have played around with different server port numbers but none seem to give me success. I actually can't receive emails now on the wanadoo account, although when I started this process I could. We have enabled pop on the sky account. ANy suggestions

If I use the recommended 465 and 995 with the SSL boxes ticked I dont seem to connect at all the orangehome, it just hangs

The best result I get is with the server ports set at outgoing 25 and incoming 110 with no SSL boxes ticked it connects but give the following error message

Account: 'pop.orangehome.co.uk', Server: 'pop.orangehome.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR unknown command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

Any ideas, ......... going mad
      Would really appreciate any help as I am trying to do this for my 83 year old father in law, you can imagen the problems his is causing.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

If you want to receive your waadoo email you need to have an account set up with your POP settings for orange, with the correct server settings for orange. Did you change the port numbers for your orange servers?
      What you need to do if you want to to keep the ability to receive the orange account email is set it up as normal for Orange but change the SMTP information only as you have to send via Skys' servers. What you seem to have done is kept the orange server names but put the sky server ports in.

haroldford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01322
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It works,

I just started again from scratch and it works. Its strange as I am sure I must have covered the same settings previously, as I tried every combination but anyhow, it now works and many thanks to you all for your help.

My Father-in-law is now back online!