Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Repeated Password Requests

This is a discussion on Repeated Password Requests within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have recently joined Sky and am trying to set up my POP3 account via Outlook 2007 Professional Plus. I ...

HRH
      HRH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01384
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Repeated Password Requests

I have recently joined Sky and am trying to set up my POP3 account via Outlook 2007 Professional Plus. I have followed the directions on Sky's site and also the tutotial posted on this site and I am still having problems.

The stage I am up to is that I have double checked that my incoming and outgoing servers are correct and that I have set for 995 (SSL) and 465 (SSL) ports respectively. I have remembered to add @sky.com after my username. My password is the same one as the one I use for accessing my email over the web. Oh and yes I did remember to click on save changes after enabling POP.

Following sky's instructions, I have visited sky.com/unlock. Following a phone call to the technical team I have managed to get the username and password unlocked (they had to do something as I kept being told that they didn't match.

I restarted my laptop and tried setting up the account again from scratch. Still no joy as I am still being prompted for my password repeatedly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Advertisement
      pntalbot8 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Repeated Password Requests

HRH,
      I had similiar trouble when setting up Email and an `Orange Error Box` kept coming up asking for username & password, when using Windows Mail in Vista. In desparation, I put my Email address in `user name` and in Password my `Sky password`----Never had any trouble since.Try putting you Email address eg = hrh@sky.com and your `Sky password`, if this Error Box comes up.

HRH
      HRH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01384
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Repeated Password Requests

I'm afraid that this hasn't sorted the problem. I'm going to take it back to PC World - they sold me the Sky Package and the laptop so maybe they can fix it!