Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Domain emails - possible with Sky???

This is a discussion on Domain emails - possible with Sky??? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello! I'm new to sky and have never been on a forum before!! I could really do with some advice ...

smartie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01323
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Domain emails - possible with Sky???

Hello!

I'm new to sky and have never been on a forum before!! I could really do with some advice please as i'm confused!

I am trying to set up my email account with Outlook Express for my domain email address. Before i was with AOL and could recieve emails but not send, but now i seem to not be able to do either! Is it possible to send emails using a POP3 server with the sender appearing as info@... ?

Many thanks for you help

Kate

2. Advertisement
      moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Domain emails - possible with Sky???

A pop server is for receiving your emails from so there should be no changes to your pop settings in order to keep receiving your own domain mail.

In order to send you need an SMTP server. If you use the Sky one (smtp.tools.sky.com) then all the mails you send will have your sky email address on.

The alternative is to use another SMTP server which doesn't modify your outgoing address and luckily the kind people on here supply just the thing.

See this thread: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/websi...rver-live.html

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

If you own your own domain then you should have access to your own smtp server, just stick those details in Outlook express and set up the address as info@....

bazz007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Adding a custom 'From' address - Help Center

I'm not sure about skymail, but if you sign up for a free gmail account, use the info in the above link and you can change the sent from address

NikkJ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LNCED
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You can use OUtlook Express to do what you want.
      Look at this page to see how to set up OE for Sky emails.

I'm assuming your domain is not on AOL but hosted by a third party.

To use your own domain's email service set up a new mail account and substitute your settings for the POP and Server.

e.g.
      If your domain is called mydomain.com
      In the Incoming Mail Server field type in mydomain.com (*this could be different depending on your hosting service)
      In the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server field type in mydomain.com (*this could be different depending on your hosting service)
      Enter your mydomain login name and password (not your sky ones) in the appropriate screens

You may have to play around with the authentication settings

Select Tools then select Accounts
      Select the Mail tab, then select Properties
      Unless you know the correct settings, just try ticking and unticking different combinations, save changes and then sending and receiving mail.

*If mydomain.com doesn't work, you need to get the server settings from your domain hosting service.

One last thing.
      Are you sure you have a hosted email service and not just an email forwarding service? If it's the latter you need to change the forwarding details at the host and will not be able to send through that service. Skyuser.com provide a fantastic SMTP server service which will allow you to send mail as if it was from your domain but not to receive mail