Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Another Email problem (sorry)

This is a discussion on Another Email problem (sorry) within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; HI all Maybe someone can help resolve this issue that i have been trying to fix for over 6 months. ...

Progenic7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: retford
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Another Email problem (sorry)

HI all

Maybe someone can help resolve this issue that i have been trying to fix for over 6 months.
      When last year sky switched the email servers to google, at first i thought it would be a simple enough task to alter things in outlook express.
      And my primary email address with sky worked perfect first time i switched it to the new pop / smtp servers.
      The problem i encountered was that all of my 'additional' email addresses of which i had 7 of them all failed to migrate.
      I tried everything i could think of, spent days searching google for answers, hours on the phone to sky and sent / received over 20 emails to sky technical dept.
      I have to say sky tried hard to fix the issue for me, even giving me special scripts and codes to reset things server side, but nothing worked.

So here i am still wanting to use my other 7 sky email addresses but can't, and my primary address is the only one i want to keep 'quiet'.

i havn't spent hours reading these forums so if the answer is right under my nose then i appologise for asking a stupid question.

Is this common or has anyone else come across this ?

JJ

2. Advertisement
      Reynard is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 451016
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Another Email problem (sorry)

MS outlook Intermittent notification - undelivered e-mails.
      First of all follow “Newreaders” “New sky Email SMTP & POP settings”

---If you have more than one e-mail username read on.
      Sky’s email requires each user to sign in first. Whereas MS Outlook does not, because the username & password is written into the individual ‘accounts’. Outlook is popular because one can have many sub-accounts. Go to every Outlook account. Click on Server tab, the box next to My Server Requires Authentication should be ticked AND click on Settings along side the tick box. Outgoing Mail Server click on ‘Log on using’ fill in Account Name and Password for that account, click OK.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Another Email problem (sorry)

Are you going to post the same thing on all email threads? if this was a simple setup issue the various emails sent to and from sky support would have sorted it by now.