Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Setting up Additional User

This is a discussion on Setting up Additional User within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Have been using Sky Broadband for 12 months and no complaints. I have a problem with setting up an additional ...

poor1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Setting up Additional User

Have been using Sky Broadband for 12 months and no complaints.

I have a problem with setting up an additional user with another email address using Outlook Express 6 with XP Pro..

Lets call my own user name Michael and the new user name Valerie.

In Outlook Express I have added a new account using the name Valerie (under name), valerie@sky.com (E-Mail address),Servers Account Name Valerie> password the same as the one Michael is using, Completed the incoming pop and smtp in exactly the same way as my own account is et up (pop.tools.sky.com & smtp.tools.sky.com), Internet Mail Logon – Account Name Valerie, password exactly the same as my own. The advanced tab Server Port Numbers set to 465 and 995 and both the SSL boxes checked.

Then on Sky Email web site - Mail Settings>account>add another email address>verify.

Click Send/Receive on Outlook Express - My own email is checked OK but the new “Valerie” has an error and the confirmatory email from Sky is not received. Logon on Box asking to “enter user name and password to the following server” shows User name Valerie and password completed. OK that and it pops up again.

Where am I going wrong?

NB: Both names are fictitious.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: Setting up Additional User

done it all wrong my friend, you have to add the additional account online via MySky (logging in with the main account) and click on 'Manage additional users' link and fill it out. all email accounts are seperate entities, with thei own mailbox

you then have to enable POP for that account, by logging into it once created, and then OE should work...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Yep as Iam has said you need to log into sky.com with the main user name, click on mysky and then manage additional users. Instructions are on sky.com help center, sky online.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the prompt response. I will have another and let you know the result.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Many thanks for your help. I think I am getting there, but have still not got it working. I was obviously in the wrong place previously - thanks for putting me right on that.

Found the page you refer to "Manage additional users" and filled that out. Chose a user name and where it said "enter a contact email address" entered the intended new additional user email address (not my own email address).

Then set up Outlook Express, Accounts, Properties etc. using the same emai address and carefully completed all the sections in exactly the same way as my own (except of course for the new user name and email address).

Attempted to send an email from my own computer to the new email address on another computer and I got the following response:-

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

I am obviously missing a trick somewhere can you caste any further light on it please.
      Last edited by poor1; 06-06-08 at 07:58 PM. Reason: typo

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Have you enabled POP forwarding in the online settings for this account ?

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I logged onto the Sky email page using the new additional user name and password which worked OK. Sky recognised it and said it was
      ready for using.
      Looked at Accounts and POP forwarding on the Sky Web page - not sure what you mean by activating POP forwarding. The settings (checks)under the additional user are exactly the same as those under my own heading.
      Discovered I was ABLE to send an email in the additional users name from the Sky web site to my own email address on my computer.

-- but could NOT send an email in my own email name on the Sky site to the additional user on my computer.

When I click on Send/receive in OE my own email address is immediately recognised but the additional user Logon box keeps popping up asking for User Name and password.

Looks like I am pretty close but not there yet. Heaven help people who are new to computers!.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hope you come back and look at this.
      I tried changing the additional user's user name and password by putting my own user name and password in the Log in Pop Up Box in Outlook Express. It then searches both my own and the additional user messages. It is obviously a problem to do with the user name and password. Any ideas please.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have enabled POP forwarding in the additional user account on sky web site.
      The odd thing about this is I can log into the Sky account on the Sky Web site, send a message to my own computer in the additional user's name, but to do it the other way round (in my own name on the Sky Web Site to my own computer, it prompts the Pop Up Log on Box in which I put exactly the same User Name and Password as I used to log onto the Sky Website in the Additional User's name.
      NB: As regards POP forwarding it is not selected in my own account, but that works without it being selected.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

have you got, in OE, the username as 'yourname@sky.com'? it HAS to have the @sky.com bit otherwise it won't work...

I assume you've set the ports up correctly too...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast