Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Totally confused

This is a discussion on Totally confused within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; oh no! Worse than ever. Changed to IMAP and sent lots of test messages from one of my accounts to ...

steveob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01932
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Totally confused

oh no! Worse than ever. Changed to IMAP and sent lots of test messages from one of my accounts to another. Most seemed to work although the last one last night is shown in sent items but has never arrived.

This morning, opened OE and one message, an ad message from Ashampoo to my old ntl email address popped up in my Inbox in Local Folders. Five minutes later it had disappeared without trace! Also sent messages to four people including two at my office asking them to click on "Reply" and also send mail using their "Contacts" addresses. I know that several replies have been sent but so far only one has arrived from a work colleague from his contacts and that went straight in to the Spam folder, which never used to happen. What the hell is going on here?

I now have all my three Sky email addresses listed in OE as well as all the original local folders and messages that get through, eg the spam message this morning, go in to all three. Emails to my old ntl addresses are going in to the local inbox folder.

Also, yesterday, after I configured everything for IMAP on the server and the desktop, I turned on my laptop and opened OE and promptly received five messages addressed to my Sky email addresses which do not show up on the server or the desktop.

I thought I was confused to start with but now!!!!

Can I reconfigure to POP even though I will lose the synchronisation that I was hoping for?

Hope someone can give me some advice before the headache gets worse.

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Still more confused. Where is all my mail going? Have asked several people to send me emails today but only four have come through and two of those from the office went in to the spam folder. The point is, they are not just missing from OE, they are nowhere to be found on the sky server webmail. They have been sent to each of my three email addresses by replying to my emails and by using contacts to put my email in to the "To" box. Yesterday I changed from POP to IMAP and then followed the links in the forum to change to mail.skyusermail.com for outgoing mail. Outgoing mail is fine, everybody is getting my emails. I just can't seem to get any addressed to my sky addresses but they are still coming through to my old ntlworld addresses.

Well blow me down. Just as I was typing this, one came though to my master sky address. Maybe things will get better!!!!!! Still doesn't explain where all the emails have gone, though. And another thing! This morning one appeared in my Local folders inbox and then five minutes later it had disappeared.

Any suggestions gratefully received. The uncertainty is not good for my blood pressure.

Steveob

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

The only possible reason I can think of for mail to appear and then disappear is that you have forwarding turned on and set to delete sky mail's copy.

Check that all of your sky accounts have forwarding disabled and that when messages are accessed with POP you "keep Sky Email's copy in the inbox"

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum, not just those who have replied to this thread. After much rereading of this and many other threads, I realised that the main problem was that I had not changed all three of my accounts separately to IMAP and changed the appropriate settings in OE to take advantage of this forums mail.skyusermail.com. I was put off track by the fact that some messages got through to me and others did not and I still cannot work out why.

So now I can send and receive but a large proportion of my messages are going straight to the "Spam" folder, including all the emails from my office. How do I tell Sky that a perfectly normal business email address is not spam? I can't seem to find a filter that allows such messages through, although I have created a filter for my office email address where messages from work are starred and then go in to my Inbox folder rather than the spam folder but how do I go about "training" sky mail to not put 50% of all my messages in to Spam? Paypal emails are going in there and many emails from friends which have never gone in to Spam before even with Sky until my present problems.

If I can solve this it will almost be the last piece of the jigsaw - the number of folders, three of everything - can wait until the Spam issue is sorted.

Thanks again to all.

steveob

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

don't call Sky asking about it as Sky BB is for 'consumer use only' so hthey'll just say we don't support it...

when a mail is in the spam folder there is a button to says 'not spam' - try that...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12