Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Downloading emails to OE keep changing?

This is a discussion on Downloading emails to OE keep changing? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have setup Outlook Express to allow me to download my Sky emails and it works ONCE, but if I ...

spoon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Downloading emails to OE keep changing?

I have setup Outlook Express to allow me to download my Sky emails and it works ONCE, but if I then try to download new emails it just goes through the process and doesnt find any new emails, even though I know there are new emails to be downloaded. (hope you understood that)

I can remedy this by going into my Sky Mail settings and again ticking the enable POP3, but as soon as i download the newer emails again via OE it does the same thing? So if I download my emails then send myself an email and try to retrieve it, its asif its not detected? Yet if I again click enable pop3 it then downloads it?

Its very strange, it seems as though when i download emails once, it then sets the "enable pop" to "disable pop"

This also happens with IMAP but the IMAP box is actually still ticked?

I can send emails fine.

Any ideas whats going is would be great

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Downloading emails to OE keep changing?

With OE closed, log into sky mail and when you tick 'enable pop3' log out straight away. Then log back in and see if it is still ticked.

Sounds like you might be missing pressing an APPLY/SAVE button so when you tick, OE immediately downloads but only cos you are still on the settings page.

Obviously i'm reading between the lines here, so apologies if that isnt the case.

Has it always been this way or had it been working fine at one point?