Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

email login

This is a discussion on email login within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have just started using google/sky email- I have to keep logging in to use this -can I select my ...

BLUEBELT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01905
      Broadband ISP: want Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

email login

I have just started using google/sky email- I have to keep logging in to use this -can I select my login anywhere so I can use email without logging on for each session, thank you.

2. Advertisement
      dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: email login

It sounds as if you are using Sky Mail as a webmail site. I think you will have to log in to do so. I've no idea how long you can be inactive before the sytsem makes you log in again. The solution is to use an email client like Outlook Express or it's newer version Windows Mail. Here you can send/receive emails at anytime, the email client logs on as part of it's send/receive procedure. The site has a good 'how to' set it up. Take a look. at Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky! How to set up Outlook Express

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dms05 View Post
      It sounds as if you are using Sky Mail as a webmail site. I think you will have to log in to do so. I've no idea how long you can be inactive before the sytsem makes you log in again. The solution is to use an email client like Outlook Express or it's newer version Windows Mail. Here you can send/receive emails at anytime, the email client logs on as part of it's send/receive procedure. The site has a good 'how to' set it up. Take a look. at Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky! How to set up Outlook Express
      Thanks dms05 yes I am using it as a web site although I did not realise this until you pointed it out, I will change- as it is a short login time if you are not using it. I will look at Windows Mail your help appreciated, regards Jim

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dms05 View Post
      I am used to outlook Express and at my age 75 I find it hard to go through all the learning process; mind you to be honest I would have found it hard 10 years ago or more
      I cant get my Outlook Express to work it keeps coming up with this error message
      The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 any ideas please, thanks Jim

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

Unfortunately you were given a wrong link for the setup instructions (that was for the old set up). Try following this link or see here.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Also you haven't set the ports for SSL, POP and SMTP servers need to have SSL enabled and then you type in the new port numbers. Once you do this you should be fine.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
      Unfortunately you were given a wrong link for the setup instructions (that was for the old set up). Try following this link or see here.
      Many thanks for your time and help, I followed the instructions in the link and then I had a whole ream of messages come into my inbox it made my day moleman,I am going back to it now to try some mailing, regards Jim.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEBELT View Post
      Many thanks for your time and help, I followed the instructions in the link and then I had a whole ream of messages come into my inbox it made my day moleman,I am going back to it now to try some mailing, regards Jim.
      I went to use O/E but it had returned to before the new settings and gave me this error message

Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR not supported o38pf654786hub.0', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
      regards.

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

I suspect that under Servers,Outgoing mail server,settings you have "Log on using secure password authentification" ticked. Untick it.

Actually I just noticed your error message refered to the pop servers so you may have it ticked there as well, although why you got some mail the first time I can't understand.
      Last edited by moleman; 11-04-08 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Added info

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
      I suspect that under Servers,Outgoing mail server,settings you have "Log on using secure password authentification" ticked. Untick it.

Actually I just noticed your error message refered to the pop servers so you may have it ticked there as well, although why you got some mail the first time I can't understand.
      Thanks moleman I know when to give up, I have finished with outlook express.
      Sky do not want people using this email program so I am looking at windows live mail or incredimail I have been told both are good.
      Do you know if I can uninstall Outlook express?
      Thanks again for your help regards Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast