Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Blackberry with Sky Email account

This is a discussion on Blackberry with Sky Email account within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Am about to move from a Blackberry Enterprise environment to working for myself, and don't feel that I would be ...

Fats25 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01732
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Blackberry with Sky Email account

Am about to move from a Blackberry Enterprise environment to working for myself, and don't feel that I would be able to cope without Blackberry.

Am currently with Sky for my home e-mail account, and hoping to go with the O2 blackberry internet solution. Have done a bit of reading up on this, and can see that it works with Hotmail, Yahoo, Google etc. I am assuming Google and Sky are same technology now - so there will be no issue.

However after the issues I have had with IMAP on Sky I am not so sure. Anyone done this? Was it successful? Anything I need to be aware of?

2. Advertisement
      Simon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLWW
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: ASUS DSL-AC68U
      Sky TV: Youview
      Thanks

Re: Blackberry with Sky Email account

Why don't you get a cheap hosted exchange/blackberry BES account and just forward your Sky email to your Blackberry account and receive email in real time rather than having to keep connecting to your inbox manually or on a schedule?

Try these guys, I think we pay 9.99 a month..

IT Energy 0870 224 9560

You can also login to it via the web and access a Outlook Web Console

If you need to synch your Sky Calendar with your BB then try GCALSYNC - synchronize your phone with Google Calendar
      Last edited by Simon; 27-03-08 at 04:22 PM.
      -

Clothes may disguise a fool, but his voice will give him away...

Martin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Greyfriars
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Blackberry with Sky Email account

With Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) you can forward your Sky emails to your BIS email address, or you can use the BIS Control Panel to poll your Sky mailbox. The BIS polling is generally reliable.

You might like to consider a Windows Mobile PPC instead of BIS though. OK BIS will give you mobile email but your calendar, address book, etc will be synced only when you connect your Blackberry to your PC/laptop. On the other hand, a WM PPC will sync everything with a MS Exchange 2003/2007 account.

If you need a hosted exchange account I can recommend 4smartphone.net or 1&1 Internet Ltd. T-Mobile have their "Web'n'Walk" bundle for unlimited internet access which you can add to a Flext plan on a MDA Vario III (rebadged HTC TynTn II). If you want to use the MDA Vario III to connect your laptop to the internet ask for "Web'n'Walk Plus".