Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Anyone got IMAP to work with Sky?

This is a discussion on Anyone got IMAP to work with Sky? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Configure your email program: 1. Open Outlook 2003. 2. Select the Tools menu and select Email Accounts. 3. Select Add ...

Zico is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Canterbury (NDCAN)
      Broadband ISP: VFast.co.uk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Anyone got IMAP to work with Sky?

Configure your email program:

1. Open Outlook 2003.
      2. Select the Tools menu and select Email Accounts.
      3. Select Add a new email account and Select Next.
      4. Select POP3 or IMAP and then click Next.
      5. Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:

User Information
      Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
      Email Address: Enter your full Sky Email address (username@sky.com)

Server Information
      The server type you chose at step 4 will determine which incoming mail server settings you need to input:
      Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.tools.sky.com
      Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.tools.sky.com
      Then regardless of your incoming mail server choice, set:
      Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.tools.sky.com

Login Information
      Username: Enter your Sky Email username (including @sky.com)
      Password: Enter your Sky Email password

6. Select More Settings and then Select the Outgoing Server tab.
      7. Tick the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
      8. Select the Advanced tab and tick the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) underIncoming Server (IMAP) or Incoming Server (POP3) depending on your choice at step 4.
      9. Tick the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Outgoing Server (SMTP) and enter 465 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) box.
      10. Ensure the option for using a secure password is unchecked.
      11. Select OK.
      12. Select Test Account Settings. After receiving the message "Congratulations! All tests completed successfully," Select Close.
      13. Select Next and then Select Finish.
      Tried the above and not working. Where have I/Sky gone wrong for the above settings? Using Outlook 2003 with Sky account (settings have IMAP enabled and POP3 disabled and have saved changes).

2. Advertisement
      Ratbat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ramsgate
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Started setting up my sky today.
      i connected my 2 email accounts to the sky one, plugged in sky imap into outlook 03

i'm able to send receive ok, but i'm having some issues.

Imap wont use the personal folders inbox (M$ imap issue apparently), annoying but i can live with it.

messages downloaded into 'all mail' are downloaded as 'read' so it means i'm missing messages as it looks like i read them already.

I cant delete messages, i press delete and it gets the line through it, and will disappear, but it's still on the server so it gets downloaded again, the purge email option does nothing that i can see.

This is very frustrating, it looked like i'd be able to centralise my emails onto 1 imap server i could access anywhere, but this is becoming far to much of a hassle.

Wah! is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151 428
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Been struggling with connecting Outlook 2007 to my sky account for a few weeks now. I could receive mail but could not send. Contacted sky on six occasions by email - their answers are lazy, just kept sending me their instruction pages for connecting Outlook 2007 for IMAP, then POP, then IMAP again. Told me that if I followed instructions to the letter things would work fine - didn't. Wasn't going to waste the phone charges on calling them - previous experience has seen to that.

A colleague in work googled the site, cheers H, and have been working through the instructions here but still could not get it to work. Strange how one thing may work for one, but not for everyone? Just about ready to give up, when I tried a slight alteration to sky's instructions that appears to have worked, and rather than be a leach have decided to pass on.

When you are in the advanced settings at the 'Outgoing server' tab, where the instruction reads Tick the box next to 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' and select 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server'. Don't! Instead tick box 'Log on using..' and re enter your Username and Password. I can now send mail.

Regards

Wah!
      Last edited by Wah!; 21-07-09 at 06:37 PM.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

that's all in the instructions online...and using the same settings as my incoming mail server works fine (sat with 4 Sky accounts all set like that working perfectly)...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

macrylinda1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: macrylinda1
      Broadband ISP: macrylinda1
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
      Have you disabled POP3 in the settings and selected IMAP instead then remember to save? Then go into your preferred client e.g. Outlook and put in the following settings IMAP.tools.sky.com and smtp.tools.sky.com Don't forget in the advanced tab incoming server is 993 and SSL whilst outgoing server is 587 and TLS.

I have got everything working fine now with IMAP, all three PC's collecting mail. I just wish I could get Outlook to open with multiple accounts instead of just one.
      I've tried all the settings om the Sky help page and all of those I've found here and still can't get Sky email to work with Outlook 2007 (Vista Basic). I've tried to set up both POP and IMAP and neither works. I've tried enabling both at the same time in webmail, and disabling one while I set up the other.

GARRY.BROWN2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 477039
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

can anyone tell me how to get my emails from sky to my iphone it keeps coming up wrong username and password

Tal71 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GARRY.BROWN2 View Post
      can anyone tell me how to get my emails from sky to my iphone it keeps coming up wrong username and password
      I have done this just two days ago on my iPhone.

Here's the settings I have done/used.

First log into your MYSKY section of Sky.com on your PC, in there go to the bar towards the top of the page one that is called EMAIL & TOOLS, click on this. Now click on the EMAIL (the envelope icon). Now towards the top of the screen you will see MAIL SETTINGS, click on this and then click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP. In the IMAP section choose ENABLE IMAP. You may also notice while you are in there, that there is a guide/configuration for setting up Sky email on various email clients such as Outlook, Office Outlook and also the iPhone too. I followed these instructions and I am able to write, send, receive emails with Office Outlook 2010.

Right to setup on the iPhone:

On the iPhone go into the Settings/mail, contacts, calenders.

Now click on add email address.

Choose OTHER.

Enter name (I have just entered my full SKY email address in this section)

Address (I have just entered my full SKY email address in this section)

DESCRIPTION (I have just entered my full SKY email address in this section)

If I remember correctly, the iPhone picked up that I was using an IMAP email account and the settings, but if it doesn't then these are the details that you might have to change or enter.

INCOMING MAIL SERVER:
      Host name= imap.tools.sky.com

Username= your full Sky email address (it is very important to enter the full Sky email address, some people go wrong here by just entering the first part of the Sky email address, for example joeblogs when they need to enter joeblogs@sky.com

Password= The password you need to enter is the same password that you enter to access the MY SKY section on the Sky.com website on your PC.

OUTGOING MAIL SERVER= smtp.tools.sky.com

Incoming Settings:

Use SSL= ON
      Server Port= 993

Has I said earlier, I think the iPhone picks up the settings/details automatically, so what I have mentioned above would only need to be entered/altered if after the setup, you were unable to send/receive email on your iPhone for your Sky email.

For others who are having trouble setting up IMAP Sky email, either on their email program (Outlook, Office Outlook, iPhone) it is possible to set it up, it will just be some setting that has not been altered or has been incorrectly entered that is stopping you.

Tal71 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macrylinda1 View Post
      I've tried all the settings om the Sky help page and all of those I've found here and still can't get Sky email to work with Outlook 2007 (Vista Basic). I've tried to set up both POP and IMAP and neither works. I've tried enabling both at the same time in webmail, and disabling one while I set up the other.
      In Outlook 2010 (which will be the same setup has Outlook 2007), these are the settings I am using. I can confirm that I am able to write, send, receive email with this program and the below settings.

First make sure you have done this:

First log into your MYSKY section of Sky.com on your PC, in there go to the along the bar towards the top of the page one that is called EMAIL & TOOLS, click on this. Now click on the EMAIL (the envelope icon). Now towards the top of the screen you will see MAIL SETTINGS, click on this and then click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP. In the IMAP section choose ENABLE IMAP.

In Outlook:

Has I am using Outlook 2010 my options are different to Outlook 2007. But I think you go into the TOOLS menu, basically you need to go to the section that enables you to add email accounts.

The settings are as follows.

YOUR NAME= I have just entered my FULL Sky email address.

Email address= It is very important to enter your FULL Sky email address. This is where some people go wrong and just enter the first part, for example, if your email address was joeblogs@sky.com you would enter in this section joeblogs@sky.com some people make the mistake and just enter joeblogs

ACCOUNT TYPE= IMAP

INCOMING MAIL SERVER= imap.tools.sky.com

OUTGOING MAIL SERVER= smtp.tools.sky.com

LOGON INFORMATION

USERNAME= Your FULL Sky email address

PASSWORD= The password you enter here is the same password that you enter to log into the MY SKY section on the sky.com website.

On the little window that you have been entering the details into in Outlook 2007, you will see a button called MORE SETTINGS. Click on this.

Click on the OUTGOING SERVER tab on the window that will have appeared. Make sure the box is ticked for MY OUTGOING SERVER (SMTP) REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION.

You also need to have the USE SAME SETTINGS AS MY INCOMING MAIL SERVER chosen.

Next click on the ADVANCED TAB.

The INCOMING SERVER (IMAP) needs to be set to 993 and USE THE FOLLOWING TYPE OF ENCRYPTED CONNECTION needs to be set to SSL.

OUTGOING MAIL SERVER (SMTP) needs to be set on 465 and again choose SSL for the encryption.

You should now be able to send, receive, write email using your Sky email address from Outlook 2007.

MicroChef is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swanage
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Just changed isp to sky llu unlimited, speed & connection fantastic
      The new D-Link modem was a pain to configure ports etc. but got there in the end.

But trying to get sky email to work with outlook2007 is proving next to impossible
      The settings are all pretty straight forward once you get your head round them but outlook refuses to accept Login details- UserName / Password (78754 Failure)

Even tried setting up another sky mail account, same problem.
      Also tried the sky unlock thing but that wont accept my login details either.

Sky support is pretty useless saying its outlook that must be the problem and to contact Microsoft.

Looking at other posts here this looks like its not an isolated case.
      So until someone figures out the login problem I'm stuck with on-line sky mail only

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

As you have posted on a thread about getting IMAP to work with sky, I assume you are using IMAP.
      Have you enabled it in "mail settings"?

As for the unlock not working, are you using just the username without the @sky.com bit on the end?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast