Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Anyone got IMAP to work with Sky?

This is a discussion on Anyone got IMAP to work with Sky? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy i have both enabled and it works fine...with 993 SSL and 465 smtp...dont see what the ...

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Anyone got IMAP to work with Sky?

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      i have both enabled and it works fine...with 993 SSL and 465 smtp...dont see what the issue is...

however, i turned IMAP off again as i dont need it and i have remote access to my PC so its easy anyway...
      Are you using Outlook 2007? When I had both POP and IMAP enabled it caused all sorts of problems, Outlook kept crashing. Yes port 465 will work as well as 587.

2. Advertisement
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave37 View Post
      I can send and receive in Outlook2007 using IMAP, but cannot download headers only. I keep getting headers and message. I've been into send/receive settings put check mark against 'in' folder and clicked 'download headers only'. Have tried changing different settings but still get whole email. What am I doing wrong.
      Can't help you there as I have mine set for headers and message as that's how I want it to work, never tried just getting headers only. What's the advantage of only getting Headers?

Dave37 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hooton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
      Can't help you there as I have mine set for headers and message as that's how I want it to work, never tried just getting headers only. What's the advantage of only getting Headers?
      It was for security really. If I only download headers and I don't like the look of who it's from I can delete it, just in case there is a virus. I've had plenty of them you see. Now I'm not sure if IMAP is working anyway. After I download a message into Outlook, I go into Sky webmail the message doesn't download, I assume it should. I'd rather not use pop as messages and attachments were going missing.

Dave37 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hooton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Thanks

[QUOTE=Dave37;138664]It was for security really. If I only download headers and I don't like the look of who it's from I can delete it, just in case there is a virus. I've had plenty of them you see. I'd rather not use pop as messages and attachments were going missing. Also why is send and receive greyed out.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

You configure download headers in your Outlook client under the send and receive settings. You will know if IMAP is working as you will have a new folder with your email address against it for each IMAP account in your Outlook folder tree. When I go into the Sky email account all my emails are there both sent and received etc. just the same as they are in my Outlook client. As far as I know they should be.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

yes im using outlook 2007, and for googlemail pop i use TLS but for Sky i use SSL...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

willsdad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
      You must only enable one or the other i.e. POP or IMAP don't have them both enabled and do make sure you click "save" before exiting. I take it you are manually configuring the settings in Outlook and not asking Vista to do it automatically aren't you as it won't work automatically. Also and just a thought, you aren't clicking on "test account settings" until after you have completed the whole process are you? You wouldn't believe how many people do that before completing the advanced tab settings though given that it's on the first page you can understand why it happens - poorly set out really. Finally don't forget tick the box outgoing server smtp requires authentication and then in advanced tab incoming is 993 and SSL and outgoing is 587 and TLS - this is for IMAP. There's nothing more to it - if you've got your Sky email working then it's foolproof.
      Sorted it. It didn't like the additional user accounts I had in place before Sky email switched over to Google. I deleted them and added again as new accounts and it works fine now. Thanks for your help.

puretoon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEGF
      Broadband ISP: o2
      Thanks

Anyone tried setting up Sky email settings on their Viewty phones??? I've a thread ongoing but thought I'd ask on here as you're all on about emails settings.

i've tried every way poss all to no avail sending or receiving emails on my phone-and its done my head in.

NickS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Seethelight FTTH
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Iíve recently switched from POP to IMAP on Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2003 and am pleased with the results. I tried transferring all my ďoldĒ mail from Personal Folders into the Sky folders for back-up purposes by dragging and dropping and it updated my Sky account instantly. A little time consuming and you can only move complete folders if they donít already exist in Sky otherwise you have to move the message, but with Ctrl+A thatís not a great problem. Sky also eliminates duplicated messages so you donít have to worry about what is already in your Sky account.

I just have a couple of questions that maybe someone can help me with. If I am only downloading headers and then read a message is the message permanently downloaded to my computer or am I reading it from the server? Also, if I archive mail from my Sky folders in Outlook will that also remove them from the server or just my main Outlook folders? If they stay on the server will they download again when I next open Outlook? That would defeat the object of archiving but would at least provide a back-up opportunity in case Skyís server loses data (heaven forbid!)

rev_sid_vicious is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01253
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've tried everything to get it to work on my G5 Intel iMac, using mac mail and Entourage X, everything is configured correctly but I keep getting password not recognised by server.
      I've tried configuring with IMAP and POP3 but still the same problem. I am on the point of giving up on it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast