Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

unable to contact

This is a discussion on unable to contact within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Can anyone out there HELP,Since we changed to Sky broadband,I find that I cannot get in touch with any Company ...

haydnandmoe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01685
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

unable to contact

Can anyone out there HELP,Since we changed to Sky broadband,I find that I cannot get in touch with any Company on the web,by clicking their Contact me,and then on their e mail address,I was told to go into Int Opt,then,properties/programmes,and on the e mail tab to change to what ever is used to send my e mails,on the e mail tab is windows Live Mail,and when I click the Contact us to get in touch with say a Falconry Centre a box opens with Username,and Password,and the words Conect to loginet.passport.com, requires a username,and password,What user name,and password do I use, and If I change the e mail in Programmes to Outlook express that opens for me to send an e mail,but when I click send,it says Connecting to POP Freeserve.co.uk,connection to server failed,
      can some one help somebody who is NOT Computer literate,PLEASE
      Otherwise the only remedy is to use Outlook Express,to write an e mail,then copy,paste ,onto say my sky e mail,which I find is a hard way about it, When I was with AOL,I would click on the Contact us,to open an e mail address,and every thing went allright,Many Thanks,Haydn

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: unable to contact

Many email providers will not allow you to log on to there servers from a foreign connection i.e. log on to orange/freeserve email servers from a Sky broadband connection. This usually only applys to outgoing email servers you can normally log onto the incoming mail server and recieve your mail Ok, the reason is to reduce spamming. I am supprised it worked with AOL you must of just been lucky. Anyway you need to read through the setting up email threads very carefully. It would take me an age to type in what you need to know when all the info is already there. Basically you can set your computer to log in via the Sky email servers and from there send and recieve your orange/freeserve mail, be warned it can be a bit of a mine field so read the instructions carefully.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-e...ed-google.html

Sky Email and Portal Log-in - Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky!

Also Sky have changed there servers since starting out so only follow instructions relating to Sky/Google email or Skoogle mail as it seems to nicknamed.

haydnandmoe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01685
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: unable to contact

KOALA<Many Thanks,Haydn