Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving to Sky BB, Basic Email Questions

This is a discussion on Moving to Sky BB, Basic Email Questions within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I am moving to Sky BB tomorrow and I terrified it will not work through my lack of knowledge. ...

BusyDee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Moving to Sky BB, Basic Email Questions

Hi

I am moving to Sky BB tomorrow and I terrified it will not work through my lack of knowledge.

However, I have some questions that I know are basic but as I don't know the answers I have to show my ignorance and ask.

I am subbed to many Lists; I assume I should just unsub tonight and resub if I ever get connected again.

What happens to sites that your email addy is part of your login name? Is there a way you should handle these?

I want to have emails downloaded to my pc and not stored online will the cd give me instructions to do this?

As the change date is tomorrow but with no time, what have other people done, set up first thing and just hope you get connected at some point in the day.

Help is always appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Moving to Sky BB, Basic Email Questions

Lists? Ok if you are using an email address as a login nothing should change unless you need to be sent anything for verification. A user name is just an entry on a database. Downloading email from the server just requires you to log in to your sky.com account, click on email and tools, follow the login there if needed, click on the email icon to go into the the inbox, in there click on mail settings link (towards top left of page) and enable POP. Once that is done set up your email software as per instructions on sky.com (click on sky help center, sky online, sky email).

BusyDee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Moving to Sky BB, Basic Email Questions

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      Lists? Ok if you are using an email address as a login nothing should change unless you need to be sent anything for verification. A user name is just an entry on a database. Downloading email from the server just requires you to log in to your sky.com account, click on email and tools, follow the login there if needed, click on the email icon to go into the the inbox, in there click on mail settings link (towards top left of page) and enable POP. Once that is done set up your email software as per instructions on sky.com (click on sky help center, sky online, sky email).
      Thank you very much for your reply. It seems so easy put like that.

Lists are forum like but posts come directly to my email addy, lots of them 300+ a day.

Thanks again, regards.