Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Instructions for getting Sky Email (Google) on your Mobile

This is a discussion on Instructions for getting Sky Email (Google) on your Mobile within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; For those of you having difficulty getting the Sky Google Mail on your phone, I found the solution that worked ...

hellfire18 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: GARFORTH
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Instructions for getting Sky Email (Google) on your Mobile

For those of you having difficulty getting the Sky Google Mail on your phone, I found the solution that worked on my contract phone with Vodafone but I believe this works on all Mobile phones, irrelivant of what network you are on.

NOTE * You need to have a mobile that can access Email via GPRS & has the ability to enable SSL on both incoming & outgoing. You may need to google on how to setup your phone for GPRS but all being well it should be on pretty much every contract phone as standard (not sure about Pay As You Go Mobile's). Finally, if you use Orange you may need to install a certificate from here: http://members.cox.net/mynameisdavid...rtificates.zip - extract the contents and either bluetooth or copy via USB the "ThawtePremiumServerCA" file across from your PC to your Mobile. Your mobile phone will ask you to install the certificate, when prompted click OK.

STEP 1)

Follow the guide for Outlook 2002-> on the following page:-

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-e...ed-google.html

You may need to make interpretations here and there depending on your mobile phone but providing you can input all the information required your pretty much good to go.

STEP 2)

The important part -> In your Email settings you should have the option that says "Connect using" or similar, inside this menu your mobile will set by Default "Contract WAP" or similar. Change this to "Contract Internet" or closest match. What this will do in effect is change the way your Email is requested, it will no longer be via WAP, but GPRS instead.

Now try send & receiving and you should be good to go!

Chris.
      Last edited by hellfire18; 29-02-08 at 02:47 PM.

2. Advertisement
      greedygekko is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Instructions for getting Sky Email (Google) on your Mobile

Thanks for the top tip, but...

I have checked all my POP3 and SMTP connection settings really carefully and I still get the "Cannot connect to server" error, I just get it immediately now rather than after 10 mins now I have changed to "contract internet" from "contract wap".

Any ideas if there is anything else I need to do?

Tx, GG

LinkBacks (?)