Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Whats going on with Sky Email - February 2008

This is a discussion on Whats going on with Sky Email - February 2008 within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by GMILBOURNE I know he rang Sky as he could not log me on to anything to do ...

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Whats going on with Sky Email - February 2008

Quote Originally Posted by GMILBOURNE View Post
      I know he rang Sky as he could not log me on to anything to do with sky although they knew I existed,
      So the problem was with your connection in general rather than just a email issue.

2. Advertisement
      pprovart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01869
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi,

This could be related to some deviousness by Sky or not, but im not sure wherelse to post.

I have an email domain hosted by daily.co.uk. I can receive email from pop.daily.co.uk, and i can connect to and send email to mail.daily.co.uk.

The interesting thing is that when i now send to my coporate mail it gets bounced due to "poor" reputation of my address. The reputation held by many differnet organisations.

SO i looked it up.

90.218.0.0/14 is listed on the Policy Block List (PBL)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outbound Email Policy of Sky Broadband for this IP range:

It is the policy of Sky Broadband that email sent from this IP address should be sent out only via the dedicated outbound mail server for the Sky Broadband service.
      Questions about this policy should be directed to abuse@sky.com. Configuration information for most Mail Clients in common use appears in the Sky Email section of the Sky Help Centre portal.

SO this says to me, that i am not allowed to "Send" email from this ip address space, without going through a SKY SMTP server. And thus if my email domain and thus mail is hosted elsewhere i am hosed.

Is my interpretation correct?

Pete

pprovart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01869
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Duh!! If you have checked the box "My server requires authentication" and havnet put in the right password then , somehow the symptom of that is what has occured below... work that one out.

Anyhow, solution was user error... tilt!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678