Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Whats going on with Sky Email - February 2008

This is a discussion on Whats going on with Sky Email - February 2008 within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by bob burgess I have had it with sky. they have basically taken a sytem thta was working ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: Whats going on with Sky Email - February 2008

Quote Originally Posted by bob burgess View Post
      I have had it with sky. they have basically taken a sytem thta was working and broken it. I had my own email address set up (not some sky.com advertising web address but a real email address) and I had one set up for my wife. Having not recieved any notification from sky that they where changing there email system - the first I nknew was when my email failed. after some considerable time and effort (cost) I eventually got it working again (or so I though) the problem was that whatever email address I used to send email, if someone used the reply button to reply to the email it would always use the sky.com address as the return address. This I could have dealt with, however the situation was the same with my wifes emails. So anyone replying to her emails would find them being sent to my sky.com address.

Itried setting up different email addresses and choosing to send replies from the email address to which a message was sent and all that but I would suggest that only works if you are using the web mail and not if you use outlook or outlook express.

I am now paying for freeola freedom (my domain name is hosted by freeola) only 2 per month for smtp and web access to our indevidual email address.

I will be looking to move my broadband from sky in the future. (and probable my phone and TV as well) mainly because of the lack of service.

If you don't want to advertise Sky by using a sky.com email address. I suggest you look at Freeola or 1&1 and get your own unique domain name.
      how did you not know? for the last month odd they were sending emails telling everyone to change to the new system...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      how did you not know? for the last month odd they were sending emails telling everyone to change to the new system...
      Because if you read his post he did not use his @sky email address.

Thanks

fair enough - but that's kinda his own fault as Sky do send updates/notices via email to your Sky email account...

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

benaline is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

fair enough - but that's kinda his own fault as Sky do send updates/notices via email to your Sky email account...
      well he's certainly not alone! nor is it his fault.

If its in the original terms and conditions that any changes to terms or conditions or change of service will be emailed to a sky email address I'd be astonished. And if you're now suggesting that we all have to agree to use a 3rd party service (google) in order to receive any further updates that's just ridiculous.

I've never accessed any mail to a sky.com account, nor do I ever want to.

Sky have my email address, my postal address, my phone number. If they want to change stuff they should let us know properly.

Tis verily poor.
      Last edited by benaline; 13-02-08 at 12:58 PM.

Culcullain is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: newnet
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Have to say I was in the same boat, had so much trouble trying to connect to my sky email account when I first joined due to a corrupt username.
      Decided after numerous calls to cs to give up completely and use my domain address.

I have received a large number of emails to my domain address up until October 07 and from then on they seem to have switched to my sky.com address which received the email notification (I know now because the problem has been solved and I have at last received them).

No notification was given to my domain which was the address I joined with.
      I should have persevered I suppose and got the conflict sorted out at the beginning, but would it have troubled sky to let me know via my domain address?

Lawrence is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quite simple really, the only notification was sent to peoples @sky.com email address and as few people use them or at least the people here nothing was received until too late..

My guess is that is the way sky wanted it or they would have sent out a letter with peoples statements, oddly they still find space for promotional material..

And as stated they do have alternative email addresses held in our accounts.. I don't think sky have suddenly realised oopps ! we've made a mistake.. they knew what they were doing and wanted as few people as possible to know or to object.

I guess it all comes down to money and they figured the money we will make and save from the Google hook up will off-set our custormer responces, then we can make that back in the amount of money we'll get from people calling support and still be ok..

Ok we'll skrew our customers but who cares...

The best thing people can do is show contempt by leaving their dodgy service, if they've done this once they'll do it again I'm sure..
      Last edited by Lawrence; 13-02-08 at 04:46 PM.

rossami is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0115
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

All i can say is thank god for this site which i stumbled on yesterday. I have my own domain and it has not worked for a week - mail comes in but we cant send out - it is my partners business address at that so he has had to call people as the mails wouldnt go due to (we thought ) a temporary glitch.
      I have emailed sky just and also ofcom though is uppose no good will come of it and until then i will try some of the solutions proffered by you knowledgeable lot - many thanks for this site i think it will be a godsend in the future

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Please see this thread, if you need to use our SMTP Service

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/websi...rver-live.html
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks

they did send out letters to the customers - i have a copy of it!! i'll upload it 2moro...

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Letters were sent out and ignored by many towards the end of last year, emails were then sent out to those still using the old servers, if people ignore instructions and correspondance there is little that can be done.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast