Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cant use Sky Tools page, set up Sky email & now cant use old emails on Outlook

This is a discussion on Cant use Sky Tools page, set up Sky email & now cant use old emails on Outlook within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I moved to Sky broadband from another provider last August but have never been able to use the Sky ...

Hilary is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01704
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cant use Sky Tools page, set up Sky email & now cant use old emails on Outlook

Hi
      I moved to Sky broadband from another provider last August but have never been able to use the Sky email account.
      I have tried accessing the webpage & can log in successfully, & when I click on the email/tools page I get the Email/Calendar/Chat/Photos page. However, when I click on the email option all I get is a page offering "Want to know more" to buy broadband, which I already have. I never get the page shown on the demo where I can see my emails.
      Without this function I am unable therefore to set up POP to send anything to my computer through Outlook.
      I also never get any of the emails from Sky telling me of their intended cutting off of the SMTP account, etc.
      As I have never been able to access Tools, I have continued to use my old email accounts by cobbling Outlook (incoming on pop.wanadoo.co.uk & outgoing on smtp.sky.com).
      Obviously that has now gone down the pan & I can no longer send emails.
      I have seen many others with similar problems on here, but they all at least seem able to access the tools page - I wish!
      As Customer Service is as usual a misnomer, I was hoping that someone on this forum could offer a solution.
      Help Please.

2. Advertisement
      penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Re: Cant use Sky Tools page, set up Sky email & now cant use old emails on Outlook

Are you able to log in from this page:

Sky.com - Home

Culcullain is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: newnet
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cant use Sky Tools page, set up Sky email & now cant use old emails on Outlook

I am having the same problem (Want to know more and sign up for email page)- can't get into email interface with my login username. Spent about 70 minutes on 0870 number yesterday and the upshot is that my email address seems to be different to my login address (can't even log in with my email address at all. They will have to authorise my second address and this should happen within 48 hours.

I use my own domain. Luckily my hosting is with newnet and a very short call to them solved this by getting their mail server details.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

If you hit this issue often the only way to resolve it is through Tech Support raising an e-form for the relevant email group, we are soon to be able to pass callers through to our email department directly once basic troubleshooting is completed so issues like this should be resolved a lot more directly and quickly once things are bedded in as far as procedures are concerned.

yomag is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01242
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am in the same boat as the rest of you. Tech support have promised to raise the e form to try to resolve this issue. So now we have to wait for the great gurus in sky to respond to the minions down below who just want to send email like they used to.
      If it cant be fixed I will have to find another provider but who says anyone else knows any better!
      Nice to know I am not going mad and that I have some fellows in adversity!

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Managed to log in to sky.com email this morning after going through forgotten password in the login and changing password (tried yesterday without any luck) so things are looking better. Reset my profile details, switched on pop.
      Still can't collect sky mail through entourage but can live with that if I can use the google mail for collecting sky.com emails and entourage for my domain.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

You should have full use of the email and tools system if you can get to the point where you enable pop. What happens when you try to collect the sky email through entourage? Do you get an error? Have you changed your pop servers in entourage to the new pop.tools.sky.com address and turned on ssl with the correct port number? Also when ssl is enabled on the new settings in entourage you must use the entire email address (user.name@sky.com) as the user name.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorted, thanks Paul.
      Created a new account in entourage instead of editing the details in the old and this worked. Checked the two accounts and the details appear to be identical so can't understand why, although I may be suffering from snow blindness by now

Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm still stuck. I changed my password tonight but still cant see my email on sky.com, activate my pop or whatever you are supposed to do with it. I had a totally useless message from sky technical people telling me how to login - been there for a while now, mate - and am hoping for a miracle.
      Why cant I access my email when logged into sky? Do they really think there is nothing wrong in the sky universe?
      HMMMMMPH
      yomag

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Finally got through on the phone to sky and got help!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems as though I had a corrupted user name and password. They took me throughtit very slowly and with new details I have accessed my sky email for firsttime!
      Now to tackle that pop thingy so I dont need to talk to sky ever again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast