Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

stuck with email

This is a discussion on stuck with email within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey guys same problem here now my emails stopped sending yesterday, ive updated my account to the new smtp.tools address ...

Richydj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

stuck with email

Hey guys same problem here now
      my emails stopped sending yesterday, ive updated my account to the new smtp.tools address but still cant send, im using outlook express and a non sky email, in this case rich@a-r-online.com ... can anyone tell me how to fix this, i did read an earlier post with a solution but it said you still need your sky details .... i dont have my sky email or password... ive never used it ?!?!?!

can anyone help, heres the error message :

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'rich@a-r-online.com'. Subject 'test', Account: 'Rich @ A & R Online', Server: 'smtp.tools.sky.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first 25sm1887690ugn.23', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

thanks guys

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: stuck with email

Ring Sky TS tier 1, they can verify your sky user name, email address and then take you through a profile update (if you haven't logged into sky.com before and commpleted your profile properly you will need to ask T1 to go through to sky.com registration to get your profile sorted out) and password reset. You need to use your full sky email as the user name for SSL on the smtp.tools.sky.com server and obviously the password to go wti it. You are currently not using the correct SMTP server setup as you are not using ssl on the correct port number 465
      Sky.com - Sky Help Centre>Sky Online

ianb11 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: stuck with email

Quote Originally Posted by Richydj View Post
      Hey guys same problem here now
      my emails stopped sending yesterday, ive updated my account to the new smtp.tools address but still cant send, im using outlook express and a non sky email, in this case rich@a-r-online.com ... can anyone tell me how to fix this, i did read an earlier post with a solution but it said you still need your sky details .... i dont have my sky email or password... ive never used it ?!?!?!

can anyone help, heres the error message :

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'rich@a-r-online.com'. Subject 'test', Account: 'Rich @ A & R Online', Server: 'smtp.tools.sky.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first 25sm1887690ugn.23', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

thanks guys
      I had this error until I amended "settings" in the "outgoing mail server" in the "servers" tab.

Click settings & re-enter your Sky a\c user name & password.