Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Another windows mail not working

This is a discussion on Another windows mail not working within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; there are those of us here who'd take offence to being called that...best to watch the language or mods'll get ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: Another windows mail not working

there are those of us here who'd take offence to being called that...best to watch the language or mods'll get angry!
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      kimc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pontefract
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

My apologies Nik, from your initial post I (wrongly) assumed you'd only just been shunted over to the new servers. If you have been having problems this long, I'm not surprised you are peed off.
      I'm really sorry I couldn't be more help, but I'm totally stumped why it's not working for you

The only consolation, and it's not much, is it seems you are not alone with this problem and it's about time sky realised this is becoming a real issue for a lot of customers and pulled their finger out to do something about it!

Kim

ps: you might want to edit your post before a mod pulls you up
      Last edited by kimc; 06-02-08 at 10:16 PM.

NIK
      NIK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: ps9ypy
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If the company resolved customer issues then websites like these would not be needed.
      It seems most of the people on here could work for sky and do a better job with their knowlege. The words I use are not directed at anyone on here, they are directed at sky as a company. don't take it so personal

NIK
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Kim

Thanks for your advise and help it's much appreciated
      keep smiling
      Nik

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

i do my job very well thanx...

and i know its not aimed at anyone in particular but still - swear words (starred or otherwise) aren't allowed...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

NIK
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

so what are you saying you work for sky then??? and what area would that be may I ask??

rossendale-it is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Zen
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Nik, I'm afraid I'm totally with you on this, I have just got one of my customers email working with Windows Mail, after they joined Sky Broadband in July last year!!!! Sky (Teir1) support staff are of no help whatsoever, I like you, have had every 'fob off' and excuse going, they seem to have absolutely no IT knowledge at all, and more frustratingly they seem to have no common sense either!
      If they actually listened to the customer, rather than just going 'hhmmm' and telling us that it is not a Sky problem and to speak to Microsoft; Dell; HP; God; Elvis; Superman or Anyone else, they might actually find that most problems could possibly NOT be the fault of the customer and be solved quite easily!!!!

After all the troubles I have experienced, I finally found that even if you can log into the Webmail portal, POP access does not work, even when set in the webmail settings. The solution I literally stumbled across, was that the account may be POP locked, and to unlock it you have to access...

https://www.google.com/a/sky.com/UnlockCaptcha

Give it a go, it worked for me!

Good Luck!
      Mark

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unlock captcha is a known tool that should be used during the troubleshooting process if a user calls in, if it's being missed then its an error on the part of the T1 support agent.
      However unlock only works for a specific issue and is not a coverall solution.

rossendale-it is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Zen
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Agreed Paul, it is not a solution for just any mail problem, yet in 7 months of contacting T1 support, nobody has ever mentioned it, and when supplied with the POP error codes, the response was that it was a problem with the mail client, and that the customer should use web mail! Not acceptable T1 support in my opinion.
      I now advise any of my customers to not use Sky Broadband as the support is ridiculous (not aiming at any Sky staff in particular, just based off the terrible experiences I've had personally with the T1 staff, never got put through to any T2 or T3 staff, who would have probably sorted it in an instant!)

Cheers
      Mark

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unlock captcha only became a tool for the email service when it moved to the new tools.sky.com as it is a google tool and therefor 7 months ago it would have been useless to you. Prior to that the problem was something else.
      You will never get put through to T3 for email issues anyway, there is a designated email group who previously only handled E-Forms and so would not be contactable directly by anyone (even T1). Recently (within the last week) the email team became forward facing and can have issues passed directly to them. This is only for webmail issues though and not 3rd party tools as sky offer no proper support for them and can only offer passive support.
      T1 support may not be brilliant but there are not many ISPs out there that offer full support for all 3rd party email software anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast