Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Email aliases

This is a discussion on Email aliases within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just got connected 1 hour ago to the Sky broadband, I've got the default email up and running...eventualy. Trying to ...

canonman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newington
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Email aliases

Just got connected 1 hour ago to the Sky broadband, I've got the default email up and running...eventualy. Trying to add a extra account for my wife but it does'nt seem to accept it. Is there a set time a user has to wait for a additional account to become active ?
      I keep getting a failure notification:
      Technical details of permanent failure:
      PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 13): 550 5.1.1 No such user e10si6293512muf.10
      I see no such user in the message but I have created a user. Am I missing something ? I've followed the instruction to the letter for setting up vista windows mail and default email works ok.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Email aliases

Where did you create the new account? All secondary accounts must be set up by logging into sky.com/ MySky via the main account. Once logged into MySky you will need to click on the MySky tab, click Manage Your Additional Users and then setup and additional user.
      Once created you must log out of sky.com/mysky, log back in using the new account user name and password. Click on email and tools, log in to the new inbox, click settings and enable POP for that account.
      Then you should be able to setup Outlook/ Outlook express etc for the account. If you have done the above then you may find that it can take up to 24 hours for the account to go fully live.

canonman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newington
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks Paul , my problem was not going in via Mysky/additional users. All sorted now and the missus is happy with her new email adress up and running ok.

Cheers

xblade is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Troon
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Glad you are seeing your additional email account, but I cannot see anything after eventually finding how to set one up

In the tutorial it shows the other email accounts in the main account username. It showed how to manage them ie delete etc as well as setup new ones

Why then do you have to logout, then login using the new email account details?

Actually I did try this, but it did not work

Does this mean it is not verified yet or something?

I am getting very confused by it all - but trying to keep calm!!

Please advice

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

All additional accounts are sub-accounts linked to the main login, creating them and managing/ deleting them is done via the main login.
      Once created you then log out of sky.com and then log back in using the new account details as they are seperate accounts on the google system and you can only access the inbox by logging in with the new details.
      When you logged into sky.com on your main account did you go to mysky, manage additional users? If so when you created the new account did it confirm that it had completed? Sometimes the accounts take 24 hours to setup correctly on the server but most of the time they are there as soon as created.

xblade is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Troon
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi Paulsky

Yes, I had a definite confirmation that I had created an additional user account. I have also waited 24hrs as mentioned, but still no extra user email account is available in my main user account page

I also did as you suggested in a previous post to someone else = I logged out and logged back in using the new user email account, but it was not recognized

I have tried creating the same account again, it said it was successful, but nothing is showing. I also tried creating a different one, but still nothing showing

I tried the tutorial, incase I was missing something, but I think everything is OK and the fact that it said I was successful and I have waited 24hrs is strange.

I have also sent a ticket to CS, but I expect they will only direct me to the tutorials!!

Any suggestions?
      Thanks
      Simon

stewedrat88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Teignmouth
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+/Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Email aliases (setting up additional users)

I sent a test message to my son as I'd set him up with a sky email address (he already has a googlemail account) but it got bounced, think it was probably because I hadn't finished setting it up , i.e. it hadn't been activated

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

when you set up a new address you have to log into it so it's activates. once you've gone into the inbox then it'll all work...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket