Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Mail Fetcher - stopped working

This is a discussion on Mail Fetcher - stopped working within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have set my Sky email account to grab emails from my old AOL address and until recently everything was ...

Astraman999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Mail Fetcher - stopped working

I have set my Sky email account to grab emails from my old AOL address and until recently everything was working fine. I checked today and find that I am getting the following message 'Server denied POP3 access for the given user name and password..

No matter what I do, I keep getting the same message. I have even tried deleting and adding the AOL account again.

Before you ask, I can still log into AOL and retrieve the messages, I just cant configure Sky to do it.

any Ideas?

2. Advertisement
      Astraman999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Mail Fetcher - stopped working

Well I think I have worked out why. Those sneaky b***ers at AOL have changed my screen name from 'aol.com' to 'aim.com'

I can sign in using my old screen name but as soon as I click on 'reply' it changes to myname@aim.com and then says it can send the email as the screen name doesn't exist. I cant sign in using the 'aim' address and they say it dosen't exist.

This is obviously AOL way of stopping emails being sent from an old address to a new address by the likes of Sky's mail fetcher.

I don't know how i can get round this - anybody got any ideas