Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

trying to get additional email address

This is a discussion on trying to get additional email address within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I followed the instructions in the sticky ==Creating Additional Email Accounts== Additional users are still created in the same way ...

stevvie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bradwell Abbey (SMBA)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

trying to get additional email address

I followed the instructions in the sticky
      ==Creating Additional Email Accounts==
      Additional users are still created in the same way as before:

1. Go to Sky.com - Home and log in using you main username and password.
      2. Click on 'My Sky'.
      3. Choose 'Manage My Additional Users'.
      4. Create your new user.

Once you have created your new user you still have one more step to perform before you can add it to a POP Client such as Outlook Express or Thunderbird - see below for the next step...

==Adding Existing Additional Accounts to POP Clients==
      Just as with your main account, before you can add your additional users to your email client you must switch on POP access .

To switch on POP access for your Additional email account go to: http://mail.tools.sky.com and log in with the username of your additional email account. This takes you to the Inbox of your additional account, you can then click on Mail Settings, and turn on POP access as you did for your main account.

So I loggin on the sky.com page with USER1 and then add USER2 under 'Manage My Additional Users'.
      I then loggin as USER2 and click email only to find out it say's "USER1@sky.com | Mail Settings | Mail Help | Sign out " in the top right. and USER2@sky.com gets USER1@sky.com emails.

If I goto Sky.com - Home and loggin using USER2 it then logs in and says welcome USER2.

Is still possible to have more than 1 email address since they switched to gmail ?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: trying to get additional email address

yes, i set one up for the wife on sunday and it worked fine. i initially forgot to change the pop access bit in mysky which caused a bit of headscratching at first. i then checked the tutorial on the home page and proceeded to slap myself around
      try deleting the 2nd user and setting it up again as per
      SkyUser - The Unofficial Help and Support Forum for everything Sky! - How to add additional user email accounts
      or if using vista
      SkyUser - The Unofficial Help and Support Forum for everything Sky! - How to set up your Vista Windows Mail client

Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'll try deleting and redoing the extra user when the sky.com stops timing out . But I watched the tutorial and thats EXACTLY how I added the extra user. I can loggin to sky.com (when it's not timing out) with the additional user but if I then click email It shows the main user. I tried this in opera (that I have NEVER logged into sky/sky email) just to make sure it's not a cookie problem but the results where the same

Sky TV:
      Thanks

I removed the additional user and then tried to set it up again and it said USER already exists. But it's not showing in my additional users. So whatever you do DO NOT delete a user in the hope of adding it again. So I'm now stuffed as I really wanted my duaghter to have her name@sky.com as her email address as I do.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Not going to happen now, that name will not be available for a while to come, never delete an account as it will not be usable again until it's released back into the pool.
      Did you clear all temporary files and cookies, close the browser and then re-open it?

Sky TV:
      Thanks

as I said I tried it in opera that I rearly use, and has NEVER been logged into sky.com let alone the email side of things.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Woops sorry, guess that was bad advice then - I need a disclaimer for my signature.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Any software on the pc that may be restricting cookies in any way? If you log out of sky.com and the email system and then clean all cookies etc out and log back in you should not see the wrong name logged in. If you do then I doubt if it's an issue on skys end of things. Have you got another PC you can access sky.com from?

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes I tried it on my daughters PC and when I login as USER2 it shows USER1 when I click the email button. But shows USER2 on the sky.com page.

arbie2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01480
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have set up additional accounts. they log on to sky fine but when you click on email it just goes to a page asking if you want sky broadband. using the tip about goingt ohttp://mail.tools.sky.com and logging (which it allows you to do) but it DOESN'T take you to an inbox at all just to a page that says invalid account try later. I have been weeks and many expensive calls trying to set up the email for my additional accounts - I am getting very very distressed All the help line people say is they havenever seen this problem before. they can see the accounts set up as additional accounts but no one is able to help these accounts access email

I am in despair and on the point of putting my foot through all things sky (although I have to say that so far I have been very lucky and had no other sky problems [yet]!!)

I would welcome any advice (PS it is not setting up the additional accounts that is the problem it is how to get these accounts who are verified for sky.com to access a mail box)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast