Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

trying to get additional email address

This is a discussion on trying to get additional email address within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Why not sign up to Gmail or Hotmail instead, I use the former and it only takes a matter of ...

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: trying to get additional email address

Why not sign up to Gmail or Hotmail instead, I use the former and it only takes a matter of minutes to do. Sky email has a lot of problems and to be honest I can't see the day coming when all the issues will be fixed.

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arbie2 View Post
      I have set up additional accounts. they log on to sky fine but when you click on email it just goes to a page asking if you want sky broadband. using the tip about goingt ohttp://mail.tools.sky.com and logging (which it allows you to do) but it DOESN'T take you to an inbox at all just to a page that says invalid account try later. I have been weeks and many expensive calls trying to set up the email for my additional accounts - I am getting very very distressed All the help line people say is they havenever seen this problem before. they can see the accounts set up as additional accounts but no one is able to help these accounts access email

I am in despair and on the point of putting my foot through all things sky (although I have to say that so far I have been very lucky and had no other sky problems [yet]!!)

I would welcome any advice (PS it is not setting up the additional accounts that is the problem it is how to get these accounts who are verified for sky.com to access a mail box)
      I've just released I have got exactly the same problem! been with Sky for over a year but never bothered with the additional email address's, now I need one I found I can add an additional user to sky.com but when I log in on the web site as that user and click the email link it just go's to a sales pitch page!!!
      The reason I need the additional user is my brother is using bluebottle pop email via my Sky connection and the skoogle email server is adding my email address to all his outgoing email since he's switched over to smtp.tools.sky.com Anyone got any idea's.

chris56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hello all,

I am hoping someone can help here with a similar problem I'm having. I am trying to set up an additional email address on my Sky account. I go through all the steps outlined in this thread and on the help video I found here as well but after completing the steps and being told the new email account is active, it appears nowhere in the additional users list?! If I go to try and add the email address again it lets me choose the previous choice of username as if the original request never even took place!

Anyone else having similar problems?

Thanks!

xblade is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Troon
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
      Hello all,

I am hoping someone can help here with a similar problem I'm having. I am trying to set up an additional email address on my Sky account. I go through all the steps outlined in this thread and on the help video I found here as well but after completing the steps and being told the new email account is active, it appears nowhere in the additional users list?! If I go to try and add the email address again it lets me choose the previous choice of username as if the original request never even took place!

Thanks!
      Hi Chris56

I had a similar problem and no-one seemed to understand of know how to fix it, especially sky tech

I had a the same message telling me that I had been successful in setting up the new email user account, but it was not showing on the list

The way I did it was to get a new password for your main account - best way to do this is to log out and then login again, but click the button about getting a new password, then logon using the usual username and new password. You then can so you go to MYsky and the link to 'Set up an additional user' and follow the instructions

Good luck and I hope it works

chris56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Many thanks, I will give this a try!

Shiskine is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm having the same problem with an additional user not getting access to webmail as mentioned on this thread.

I'm loathed to delete the additional user (even if its setup was corrupted in some way) as I'm not sure I'll ever be able to reclaim the same username ...

nutmegs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
      Hello all,

Thanks!
      Yes i am
      I get this message You have successfully created an additional user and their account is now active. but when i go to view additional users it isn't there

waveydavey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02891
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Did you begin your password with a number?
      Waveydavey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12