Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

SOS! No email since google migration

This is a discussion on SOS! No email since google migration within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I hope I have posted this correctly and in the right place - never used a forum before Before ...

paulanrich is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

SOS! No email since google migration

Hi, I hope I have posted this correctly and in the right place - never used a forum before

Before the migration I used my basic level Sky email account with no problems via Outlook (I had never used the website for access). Then in November, when the migration occurred, I tried to change my pop settings as directed - but couldn't access my account via sky.com

For ages I had a blank screen on the 'Tools' (sky.com / tools) page. Now the page isn't blank, but doesn't acknowledge that I have an existing account. It will log me in as a customer on the Sky page, but only offers me a 'sign up' option when it comes to the email.

No one on the tech helpline has been able to get me into it despite trying various things like resetting passwords and 'Unlocking Captcha'.

Apparently the issue cannot be resolved by Customer Support and can only be dealt with by the Level 3 team. I have spoken to around 5 team leaders and all of them claim to have 'escalated' the problem. I have been assured I will be contacted variously within either 24/48 hours or 5 days. Two months later and still no contact.

The team leaders cannot apparently transfer me to Level 3 - they can only escalate via e-mail. No one is taking ownership and clearly no one is following up. I find this astonishing but despite my best efforts, I can't seem to get anywhere. I am getting to the point where it seems a waste of money to keep making the calls.

Any advice? Is anyone else still unable to access their mail after this length of time? Does anyone have a 'way in'? I'd be happy to cancel, I just want to get to the emails that are missing first...

Many thanks for any help.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: SOS! No email since google migration

It's not apparent, it is very much true that T1 cannot do anything for that issue and it does need escalating to the relevant team who unfortunately don't always resolve the issue first time. Don't waste time calling, use the contact us page on Sky.com to raise the issue and also contact the sky complaints address to raise the issue and point out that you will cancel if its not sorted.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Moved to Email Forum.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

dtr44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: halfway wshal
      Thanks

paul just give it up as a bad joke, put it down to a bad experience and get a new email addie [google/hotmail etc] i have had no access to email since scoogle gateand even tier 3 wont help ,sky's portal has been pants for long tme and tbh it hasn't improved since last sept 2006 and i would imagine it never will

aaron1uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01495
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I too have the same issue athough i never had the old email i joined sky as the transition was in place so never bothered to get an email now that i don't have access to my old isp email I am in need of a more professional email address.

this is the page:

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Sometimes this is a cookie issue as you need to be re-directed to the email portal and if it loses your login info you get punched back to the start again.
      What happens if you go to Sky.com - Email & Tools>Not Logged in ? To get to the emails system you need to log into sky.com and then email and tools, one thing to try is go to sky.com, click on the login link, select forgotten my password and then do a password reset.

aaron1uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01495
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

same issue