Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cant send email in outlook, but can receive fine? No errors coming up? Help

This is a discussion on Cant send email in outlook, but can receive fine? No errors coming up? Help within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; ive set up my pop account on sky.com, and am receiving emails fine in outlook 2007. But emails i try ...

debra999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01270
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cant send email in outlook, but can receive fine? No errors coming up? Help

ive set up my pop account on sky.com, and am receiving emails fine in outlook 2007. But emails i try to send from outlook just stay in outbox and dont send. Any ideas? Ive tested account settings and there is no errors coming up. I can send and receive fine from sky.com

If i look at progress window when email trying to send in outlook, i get this message

Task '****@sky.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC03) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCC03'

I already Checked out the helpful tips on this site and skys, about configuring email, and all seems well with the settings at my end.

Be grateful of any ideas why this happens?
      Last edited by debra999; 22-12-07 at 02:52 AM.

2. Advertisement
      shugrover is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01483
      Broadband ISP: Base + Virgin 4mb
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cant send email in outlook, but can receive fine? No errors coming up? Help

Without starting a new thread, mine is the same problem! I can receive all my mails ok, still have active Virgin media/Ntl address, works fine, also have a Yahoo.co.uk email address, I can receive from all of them ok, but cannot send. When i go into the settings and try to send test message, it says to verify the password and email address, but using the same password and email address I can receive ok!!! Help!

ady199 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have the opposite (problem occured today) where I can send email but my Outlook client is not receiving mail.......I know I have email because I can log in to the Sky Portal and it shows my messages..

I have no error messages and when I do a manually send/receive it just throws up a message of 'Send/Receive Complete'

Help.......!!!
      Last edited by ady199; 01-01-08 at 09:03 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I thought this sky change over was gonna be simple, makes me feel like sticking to Virgin Media after all this hassle. I have been playing with my settings so much now to try to get it to work with sky, I have now plugged my router back into the Ntl modem, and now I cannot send mails through my yahoo account!

Hugh.

samsdad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

im also having similar problems but when sending mail

heres the error log

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was *******@sky.com'. Subject 'hello', Account: '***.*******@sky.com', Server: 'smtp.tools.sky.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.5.1 Authentication Required 36sm15504591ugb.87', Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

im quite new to sky but the email service is not giving me much hope at the moment...it worked fine till i was told id been moved to the google setup

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

have you changed your server settings to smtp.tools.sky.com and pop.tools.sky.com?

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shugrover View Post
      have you changed your server settings to smtp.tools.sky.com and pop.tools.sky.com?
      ive changed mine and thats when the problems started. It now seems to work but only when it wants to. I still have to use an alternative means of sending mail just to be sure its sent.

the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

SAMSDAD: Your error message says that Authentication is required. Have you ticked the box in your email client that says "This server requires Authentication" ? Also, you have enabled POP downloads on the Sky webmail portal?

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ticking the box seems to have sorted mine out sky Goat...thanks fior the info m8

debra999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01270
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi skygoat

Yes i have authentication ticked and setup pop forwarding on sky web page. test works ok, but wont physically send mail, just keeps emails in outbox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast