Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Tearing my hair out - email login

This is a discussion on Tearing my hair out - email login within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi everyone - hope you can help me, this is my first post so apologies if the answer has already ...

Johnny_Bravo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Tearing my hair out - email login

Hi everyone - hope you can help me, this is my first post so apologies if the answer has already been covered.

I've been unable to access email either by Outlook or through the website since 07.11 when Sky moved over to the new servers. I've tried all the hints in the forums that I cn see, and despite about 10 calls to the helpdesk nothing is happening. Every time I call I get fobbed off that someone will call me back, but no-one ever does.

My initial problem was the "You've arrived to early, come back later" one, but that then changed to the "Sorry, there's a problem with your account, try again in 3 days" message. After speaking to Sky again last night, I went and tried to change my password, it sent me to a page to update my details but when I submit them I get a message that the password has been updated but the details have not been saved. When I try to login again with the new password I get sent to the same screen to update my details again and again they are not saved. This just repeats.

Is there anything else I can do, or is there some other number I can try except for the helpdesk who have been completely uselees and repeatedly lied to me about calling back? I've had no email for 4 weeks, and no prosepect of getting any in sight at the moment.

Apologies for the long rant!

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: Tearing my hair out - email login

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo View Post
      Hi everyone - hope you can help me, this is my first post so apologies if the answer has already been covered.

I've been unable to access email either by Outlook or through the website since 07.11 when Sky moved over to the new servers. I've tried all the hints in the forums that I cn see, and despite about 10 calls to the helpdesk nothing is happening. Every time I call I get fobbed off that someone will call me back, but no-one ever does.

My initial problem was the "You've arrived to early, come back later" one, but that then changed to the "Sorry, there's a problem with your account, try again in 3 days" message. After speaking to Sky again last night, I went and tried to change my password, it sent me to a page to update my details but when I submit them I get a message that the password has been updated but the details have not been saved. When I try to login again with the new password I get sent to the same screen to update my details again and again they are not saved. This just repeats.

Is there anything else I can do, or is there some other number I can try except for the helpdesk who have been completely uselees and repeatedly lied to me about calling back? I've had no email for 4 weeks, and no prosepect of getting any in sight at the moment.

Apologies for the long rant!
      get another email account in the meantime (like a proper google one)
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

They probably aren't lying to you, they have most like raised the issue to the email team and it's them that have not resolved the issue or contacted you. T1 can only do so much before they have to pass on the issue to the relevant group, if they fail to follow up on something or fail to make contact then you can hardly blame T1.
      It sounds like either your account or profile are damaged.

northernlad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have exactly the same problem and mine has been going on since the early part of October I canít tell you how may phone calls I have made but it drives me mad.
      Itís not the fault of the tech team at the end of the phone as they can only do so much and their hands are tied. The problem is the web mail team that do not appear to address the issues and will not contact you and you canít contact them.
      Every few days I try to log in get the same crap message that says they have spotted a problem and it will be resolved in 3 days
      Iíve had 4 identical letters saying they know what the problem is and it will be resolve in a couple of days.

I know itís only a web mail account and I could easily get one from somewhere else but itís the principle.

jemmy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I am in the same boat as you but there is another twist to my story. Joined in October, when the sky TV was installed initially, I created on id and linked it to my customer number, worked well but no email as broadband was awaited. Once broadband went online I got another id assigned to me for email. Never worked. Since then all measures tried and kept sending emails via the technical support page on Sky website and finally got reply that two userid are set as primary for the same account and that is causing the problems and they are trying to close on id but dont know how long it will take, has been a week now. I dont want to take chances, in case with the id they close my account, some people have had such experience in the past. In case you have similar issue then contact them via email and it will be passed to the right department eventually (fingers crossed)