Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Different email address

This is a discussion on Different email address within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Iam new to sky email,but not emails in general ,but for the life of me i cannot figure out ...

digger216 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SELBY
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Different email address

Hi

Iam new to sky email,but not emails in general ,but for the life of me i cannot figure out how to set up a new email address to use instead of my default one which is pretty naf how they come up with that is beyond me and they spelt my name wrong too ,i managed to get my default one to foward to outlook express ,but need more for my family i beleive your allowed 10 arnt you ??would appreciate any help at all on this matter

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Broadband
      Router: Plusnet Hub Zero 2704n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Different email address

You need to log on to My Sky using the original account holder username and password and then select "Manage your additional users" then "Set up an additional user".

The username you select at this stage ie John.Smith then becomes the additional users email address ie John.Smith@sky.com. When you fill in the additional user details form page make sure you use a working non Sky contact email address (Yahoo Hotmail or Gmail). Once done log out of My Sky then log back in with the new user username and password. Go into tools and enable POP then just set them up in Outlook. Job Done.

taylormuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCROC
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: HomeHub 5
      Sky TV: Sky Q & 4 minis
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by youravinalarrrf View Post
      When you fill in the additional user details form page make sure you use a working non Sky contact email address (Yahoo Hotmail or Gmail).
      I'm in the same situation as digger126. So I create some new abc@sky.com users but during the registration I need to specify another non-Sky working email address. Being curious, why? what will the new Sky account do with the Gmail address ?

I have my own domain that is used for mail. I have free mail forwarding on that domain so rather than be tied to ISP domain names (or hotmail etc.) I use my domain leaving me free to change ISPs if I want without affecting my email address.

me@mydomain.com --forwards to--> me@sky.com

I access via POP3 and send via SMTP to sky.com with a return email of me@mydomain.com

I repeat this for each family member. So what I want are various sky.com email addresses that are separately accessible via POP. Can I do this ?

My Sky Broadband should be connected today and I'm trying to plan a smooth transition.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

You are allowed 10 (I think) Sky e-mail addresses so I think you should be OK there. You can access all your Sky mail via POP if you want.

steveob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01932
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Just about to change over to Sky and grateful for the replies above. I was given a date of 11 Dec for activation but told in the same letter that it was best to wait three or four days. Then a letter arrived from BT saying that my phone account would change on 19 Dec. Does that mean my Sky Broadband will not be effective until then? Currently on Virgin cable so no MAC problems and that is active until 4 Jan. I presume from the above that I can use my Virgin email address on the new user registration form. I don't have hotmail of Gmail. I was surprised that I was not given a choice of email address when I phoned Sky. Will Sky require me to keep the given address active in my accounts for their communications to me?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any replies.

taylormuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCROC
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: HomeHub 5
      Sky TV: Sky Q & 4 minis
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taylormuk View Post
      I repeat this for each family member. So what I want are various sky.com email addresses that are separately accessible via POP. Can I do this ?

My Sky Broadband should be connected today and I'm trying to plan a smooth transition.
      My Sky Broadband was connected the other day and to answer my own question 'Yes you can'. I now have all 5 family members using my own domain email addresses and sending via Sky SMTP.

Was all reasonably straight forward.