Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sky e mail, please help

This is a discussion on sky e mail, please help within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i have tried everything in can to get my sky e mail address within microsft outlook 2003 i have followed ...

amyyria is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01493
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sky e mail, please help

i have tried everything in can to get my sky e mail address within microsft outlook 2003 i have followed it to the letter, go for the test settings and get, username and password incorrect when i know they are, i have changed from lower caps to upper case, still will not work i get right through to the end and i press test settings, to be told to enter user name and password, i do this and still the little box comes up prompting me to put is user name and password, only joined sky today, apart from this hicup been trouble free, was running in at 2.1 mpbs with virgin, now up to 4.1 with sky, fingers crossed seems ok, but oh i wish i could get the e mails into microsoft outlook 2003, i have followed all the links they say but still no good, and also a another small hitch, i have been asked to change passwords more than a couple of occasions when i know the passwords and usernames are correct, can anyone help me kindest regards to you all david

2. Advertisement
      youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Broadband
      Router: Plusnet Hub Zero 2704n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: sky e mail, please help

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest updates for Outlook 2003 from Microsoft (Should be SP3)

the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amyyria View Post
      i have tried everything in can to get my sky e mail address within microsft outlook 2003 i have followed it to the letter, go for the test settings and get, username and password incorrect when i know they are, i have changed from lower caps to upper case, still will not work i get right through to the end and i press test settings, to be told to enter user name and password, i do this and still the little box comes up prompting me to put is user name and password, only joined sky today, apart from this hicup been trouble free, was running in at 2.1 mpbs with virgin, now up to 4.1 with sky, fingers crossed seems ok, but oh i wish i could get the e mails into microsoft outlook 2003, i have followed all the links they say but still no good, and also a another small hitch, i have been asked to change passwords more than a couple of occasions when i know the passwords and usernames are correct, can anyone help me kindest regards to you all david
      Hi There,

First off, have you been able to log into the webmail portal here: http://mail.tools.sky.com and activate POP in the mail settings?

If you have done that are you making sure that your username in outlook is actually your full email address - i.e. username@sky.com ?

There are some useful links to do with emai in my signature, take a look at some of those threads and see if anything helps.

Post back and let us know how you get on.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

miahm2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CLWAP
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

have u changed the port settings. and also enabled SSL Authenticating for incoming and outgoing email
      "If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for"

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Guys, i have tried all these things, changing passwords to capital and lower case, everything mentioned by earlier people , problem seems to be the message i get ''username and password ' not recognised, other people seem to get a lot of this also
      Dave

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

are you using your main sky user name for this or a new email address you are trying to set up?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Paul, yes i tried setting up the one that sky gave me, though cannot get it to work on microsoft outlook 2003 i have tried upper case loser case, i have filled in all the right boxes and saved the settings , when i go to test settings a little box comes up asking me to put in username and password, i have already done all this, and i press ok, but the box keeps coming back up on the screen i am using xp pro
      ============
      and with regards to the second e mail address i cannot find where i add a new e mail address i did it in the main e mail page where it says ''accounts '' but when i send the message to give me the verification code, i dont get an e mail, doing something wrong i bet
      dave

youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Broadband
      Router: Plusnet Hub Zero 2704n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

You need to log on to My Sky using the original account holder username and password and then select "Manage your additional users" then "Set up an additional user".

The username you select at this stage ie John.Smith then becomes the additional users email address ie John.Smith@sky.com. When you fill in the additional user details form page make sure you use a working non Sky contact email address (Yahoo Hotmail or Gmail). Once done log out of My Sky then log back in with the new user username and password. Go into tools and enable POP then just set them up in Outlook. Job Done.

miahm2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CLWAP
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I think that it would be useful if you could post the settings you have applied in outlook 2003.

Preferably the incoming Post number and the outgoing port number.
      Outgoing server and ingoing server.

It can be useful if you can put images also.
      "If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for"

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

If it is stating that user name and password are wrong then something has been inputted incorrectly in the settings 9 times out of 10. It could be that the account needs unlocking though if you have tried too many times. Please confirm what details you have inputted into your software.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast