Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

sky e mail, please help

This is a discussion on sky e mail, please help within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Yes have tried that i know that i am using the correct username and password, because i can log ...

amyyria is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01493
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: sky e mail, please help

Hi Yes have tried that i know that i am using the correct username and password, because i can log onto the sky e mail portal and also mysky page with no problems ,, but when i try with microsoft outlook 2003 i fill everying in as per the instructions with all the settings as given in the layout and get right through to the last bit, ''test settings'' i press that i get 3 green ticks and then a littl box comes up ''insert username and password '' (which are already in there ,because they were put in earlier, i press ''ok'' and the little box comes up again, !! even changing the username and password to lowercase, uppercase, and just about every conceivable thing you could think off has no affect, when i press cancel // the last two little boxes on the test setting come up with a X , and i get the message username and password incorrect, when i know they are not, // also i still cannot verify the extra e mail address i created, i have tried everyway i can to do it, no joy,
      cant let this beat me though, help much appreciated by you all dave

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Have you been to the UnlockCaptcha page on google?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Jessie Lou, just been onto that site and ulocked what you said, will try my microsoft outlook 2003 when i get home tonight, give it another go, see how we get on , thanks for your help and all the others Dave

woollers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Middlesex
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amyyria View Post
      Hi Yes have tried that i know that i am using the correct username and password, because i can log onto the sky e mail portal and also mysky page with no problems ,, but when i try with microsoft outlook 2003 i fill everying in as per the instructions with all the settings as given in the layout and get right through to the last bit, ''test settings'' i press that i get 3 green ticks and then a littl box comes up ''insert username and password '' (which are already in there ,because they were put in earlier, i press ''ok'' and the little box comes up again, !! even changing the username and password to lowercase, uppercase, and just about every conceivable thing you could think off has no affect, when i press cancel // the last two little boxes on the test setting come up with a X , and i get the message username and password incorrect, when i know they are not, // also i still cannot verify the extra e mail address i created, i have tried everyway i can to do it, no joy,
      cant let this beat me though, help much appreciated by you all dave

This might just work ......

Try deleting the e-mail account from Outlook 2003 and then "create" the individual e-mail account (including existing password) from scratch - using the new POP 3 settings as given by Sky.

My sympathies. I had been without ANY access to my Sky.com e-mail - couldn't even access the e-mail on the sky portal. I got a result on Friday. Sky "found" my e-mails sent to my address since Nov 7 - all 363 of them !

Good luck!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woollers View Post
      This might just work ......

Try deleting the e-mail account from Outlook 2003 and then "create" the individual e-mail account (including existing password) from scratch - using the new POP 3 settings as given by Sky.

My sympathies. I had been without ANY access to my Sky.com e-mail - couldn't even access the e-mail on the sky portal. I got a result on Friday. Sky "found" my e-mails sent to my address since Nov 7 - all 363 of them !

Good luck!

Strewth, and i thought i was having grief !!

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amyyria View Post
      Hi Jessie Lou, just been onto that site and ulocked what you said, will try my microsoft outlook 2003 when i get home tonight, give it another go, see how we get on , thanks for your help and all the others Dave
      Erm as the user name suggests, my name is not Jessie-Lou That is actually a link in my sig to my step-daughters site lol

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sorry Paul, no offence intended

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12