Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Is This The Same Email Problem As Others Have Had?

This is a discussion on Is This The Same Email Problem As Others Have Had? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Can anyone help me with my email problem.My wife and i have been with sky broadband for about 6 months.Other ...

craig A is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Is This The Same Email Problem As Others Have Had?

Can anyone help me with my email problem.My wife and i have been with sky broadband for about 6 months.Other than the usual set up problems all has been fine untill the email google change over. My wifes email has now been unavailable for 3 weeks!(mines working fine as i was always on the new site from setup,alas my wife was not)
      She can log on to "MY SKY" via sky.com/portal.Once she has entered her name and password she is welcomed by name,but when she clicks on check email she gets the following message;

Hello there.If you have just joined sky,your email will be available soon.

We have spoke to sky customer services again and again and they just keep telling us it will by sorted soon,or even worse give false hope by giving us a day and time it will be fixed by,which in turn passes with no such fix.
      My wife must have hundreds of emails she needs to view and/or reply to ,but as we cant even get in to her email tools to enabe pop,outlook is no use either.
      Is this the same problem other users have had during the sky email change over?

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Is This The Same Email Problem As Others Have Had?

I can't help with that fault but there are other websites where she can read her mail, they will not help her enabling the POP option but at least she will have access to her mail:

mail2web.com - Pick Up Your Email

MyEmail.com: Check Email from Anywhere in the World

craig A is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cheers for that Alan.
      Have taken a look and it would seem that the last email to be received was from sky 2 weeks ago advising her that her email had moved to google. Looks like some kind of blockage as a result of this problematic google move.Although it did let me send an email to my email address.
      I then thought that we might as well just set her up a new sky email address as it looks like she has lost the last 2 weeks emails anyway.But we cant as neither of us seem to have the option to set up additional users in our profiles!
      Looks like one of us will be ringing sky again come monday. It wouldnt be so bad if after they have wasted your time for 30mins on the phone they didnt end the coversation with HAVE A NICE DAY!
      Last edited by craig A; 24-11-07 at 07:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

If I have understood this correctly neither you or your wife can get in to set up the new Sky/Google email, you have to enable POP mail before you can download any mail to your mail client.

You also need to change the server settings and username in your mail client. There are guides to doing this in this very forum.

Nutster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi, I'm getting the same message "Hello there.If you have just joined sky,your email will be available soon" when trying to log in via the portal. Having called Sky they say it is a known problem and will be sorted soon.

I've tried to retrieve messages via the other sources as you suggest but get "no new messages" on screen. Thats strange as I haven't been able to log in for weeks. I would have expected a few new mails by now.
      Cheers,
      Stew