Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

problems with pop/ outlook email

This is a discussion on problems with pop/ outlook email within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After all the trouble last weeks to transfer to the new google mail, I managed to configure my Outlook client ...

javiermi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

problems with pop/ outlook email

After all the trouble last weeks to transfer to the new google mail, I managed to configure my Outlook client to download emails
      Suddenly last Sunday after sending and receiving a couple of emails it stopped working!!
      I sent an email to Sky support on Monday and still haven't heard from them!!
      I am an experienced network engineer, and have seen some of the suggestions of this orum, but none work
      To put it simply: I cannot connect to the pop and smtp servers on port 995 and 465 respectively ( apparently smtp on 25 seems to work still)
      Am I the only one that is having this problem?
      It looks as these servers are not listening on those ports ( or something is blocking my access from my sky account)!

I will be glad to receive an answer from Sky
      or a posible workaround
      The move to gmail has been badly managed by Sky: it it was working why did they decide to change?

2. Advertisement
      the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: problems with pop/ outlook email

All the currently known fixes that can be done by an end user have been posted already.

Had you attempted a password change at all over the last month or so? Some users have found that passwords have taken longer to come over from the sky portal.

Do you still have access via the web portal, and have you also tried the Unlock Captcha link?

I have to say that the old system wasn't working for a lot of people, hopefully once this is sorted out everyone will be better off (why on earth it's taking so long I do not know!)

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

javiermi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

After posting my last entry I realized what would be ( and was) the problem:
      I did configure my router firewall configuration and It was blocking all my connection attempts
      I added ports 995 and 665 and now everything is fine
      Thanks though for your reply

mapops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01473
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiermi View Post
      After all the trouble last weeks to transfer to the new google mail, I managed to configure my Outlook client to download emails
      Suddenly last Sunday after sending and receiving a couple of emails it stopped working!!
      I sent an email to Sky support on Monday and still haven't heard from them!!
      I am an experienced network engineer, and have seen some of the suggestions of this orum, but none work
      To put it simply: I cannot connect to the pop and smtp servers on port 995 and 465 respectively ( apparently smtp on 25 seems to work still)
      Am I the only one that is having this problem?
      It looks as these servers are not listening on those ports ( or something is blocking my access from my sky account)!

I will be glad to receive an answer from Sky
      or a posible workaround
      The move to gmail has been badly managed by Sky: it it was working why did they decide to change?
      Dear Folks,

I am new to this forum, and to Sky mail. I have had the same issues in getting my sky emails through to Outlook 2002. I have set it up exactly as the sky instructions stated, but no joy. This frustrated me for the last week or so. I have now sloved the problem and I am pretty sure this will fix 99% of all other users issues. Log on to Microsoft.com and dowload and install all of the priority security patches recommended by their PC scan. Once you reboot, you will find that your sky mail flys through exactly as you would expect.
      Good luck all.