Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Saving e-mails on my computer

This is a discussion on Saving e-mails on my computer within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi....HELP needed Just installed SKY broadband and using their e-mail system. I need to download and save e-mails on my ...

Bill Fenton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Saving e-mails on my computer

Hi....HELP needed

Just installed SKY broadband and using their e-mail system. I need to download and save e-mails on my computer but not sure how to do this correctly. Have tried by using both PAGE and FILE...then SAVE AS to my files. This is OK and seems to work, but the e-mails will not open despite trying all the format options [HTML , TEXT ETC] and the various Open With programmes available to me. I get two messages...one referring to Script and Active X settings and the other to Java. I have tried for hours checking the all the Internet Explorer settings, ensuring the programmes are installed and up to date etc including even allowing all cookies .....now I seem to be going in circles. Can anyone guide me through correcting the problem please ?
      I am now thinking that I should move over to using Outlook Express instead of the Sky if I cannot correct quickly.

Bill Fenton

2. Advertisement
      youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Broadband
      Router: Plusnet Hub Zero 2704n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Saving e-mails on my computer

Outlook Express is the way to go. This might help Sky.com - Customer Support>Broadband>Article

Bill Fenton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Took the advice and transferred over to use Outlook Express...there is a good guide how to do this from Sky.com...customer support...broadband....advanced FAQs....configuring Outlook Express.
      I can now use either Sky or Outlook Express as it suits me and ALL mail can be downloaded/filed no problem using Outlook Express.

Proved a bit tricky setting up but with persistence and diligently checking all the settings on both Sky [to enable POP] and Outlook Express, as instructed, it went in OK. Particularly watch out for any old dial up connections which may be on Outlook and remain as defaults if not deleted.

Cheers

youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Broadband
      Router: Plusnet Hub Zero 2704n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Glad you got it sorted.