Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky Suck, No Email

This is a discussion on Sky Suck, No Email within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well this is all fun isn't it, we all have our new E-mail servers. Oh Wait no we don't, we ...

AbernusUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gateshead
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Suck, No Email

Well this is all fun isn't it, we all have our new E-mail servers. Oh Wait no we don't, we can't get access to our emails.

As most of you are aware there are numerous problems with this mail migration. I am one of the unfortunate millions (according to Sky Helpdesk) who can't get access to his emails.

I have followed all of Sky's instructions (for the good they do) and the better guides on here, performed several password resets and unlocks and still cont get logged on. I keep getting the same error: "Your logon credentials are incorrect"

Well tonight was the last Straw! After over 3 weeks of no email's I am fast losing my temper. I called the helpdesk AGIAN as I still can't get logged on to the site wondering what excuse they would give me. So far I have been told the following reasons why I canít access:

• You account has been deleted
      • It has not been migrated yet
      • You are doing something wrong
      • It's in the process of migration

Tonight I was told again that my account has not been migrated as they are having problems migrating any sub-accounts (I use a sub email account and my wife uses the main email addy)

Now I am in the process of looking for a new job and silly me thinking Sky could be reliable put my Sky email down as a point of contact. Sky doesnít seem to care about this, or that fact that I canít get any emails. I ask to speak to a Team leader and get cut off.....

Ring, Ring, I call back. I ask again to be put through to a team leader... beeeeeeeep.......

Ring, Ring, I call back again doing my best not to scream at the person on the other end of the phone. After a lengthy script reading I finally get a chance to speak and ask for a Team Leader, I am not cut off this time but told there are none available!!!!!! So I wait, Still none available, So I wait longer on the phone still none. I am now totally fuming and as what the complaints mailing address is. The response I get is "We don't have a complaints department" At this point I lost it and started laughing down the phone at the woman. I mean come on no Complaints Department!!!! I said "Thatís like sky.com saying we are so big and global but we don't have a helpdesk!!!!!"

Any way I just need to let other know how bad Sky actually are. I get no call backs when I am told there will be one. No fault resolutions and still no Email.

Now I need to ask some people who actually know what they are talking about (this community cos Sky helpdesk are just a bunch of monkeys on the phone)

How do I go about setting up another secondary mail account with Sky? I have a feeling that my original Email addy I was using has been deleted.

Is there a complaints department for Sky and I want to give them a total Ear Bashing.

Are there any good ISP's out there, cos Sky just can't seem to tell their **** from their Elbow.

2. Advertisement
      movielad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Suck, No Email

In the first instance, I would never recommend anybody use their ISP for email services for precisely the reason you've just experienced. This is somewhat hypocritical advice from me, given that I've been a systems administrator at various ISPs over the past 10 years (although I now work in the film industry). At least I ran a reliable email service! That obviously doesn't help your situation, and I apologise.

However, if you have access to a third party email mailboxl, I'd drop:

All Customer Care Escalation at AllCustomerCareEscalation@bskyb.com

a message complaining about these issues, ensuring that you:

- be polite
      - include the email addresses that are affected
      - names of anybody you spoke to on the phone

They should sort you out. I can't remember the physical postal address of their complaints department, but I'll see if I can dig it out sometime tomorrow.

Regards,

Martyn
      http://www.skyblogband.org.uk (relaunching soon)
      - A consumer's PoV of Sky Broadband
      http://google.apps.me.uk
      - Getting to grips with the Google Apps service

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply and the email addy. I will drop thema line now from my own domain addy

blodwin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It's unfortunate you are having such problems - but you are one of the handful and definitely not one of the millions.

midwife1948 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0114
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Although I am not having any problems receiving e-mails, I cannot send from Outlook. I can send from the sky webpage but find this tedious to have to log in when I can just go into outlook and click send and receive, it's so much easier. I have changed all my settings excactly as instructed but Sky keep telling me they are still having problems with this new e-mail/google link. One would have thought that they would have tested all of these things before putting the whole thing into operation. All these extra bells and whistles they say you can get are frankly no use at all if you can't do a simple task like send an e-mail from your desktop. I am not thrilled with Sky's service but having been a customer of Orange, they are no worse. Talking to other people, there doesn't seem to be anyone giving what I would call a SERVICE. So having got that off of my chest now I wonder how many people are actually able to send and receive e-mails from their desktops.

youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Broadband
      Router: Plusnet Hub Zero 2704n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

@ midwife 1948

Make sure Outlook is fully upto date via Microsoft update.
      Try putting your Outlook settings for the outgoing server only back to what they were before you made the changes. It's a stopgap until they get your account sorted and has worked for a few people.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

as you've pointed out - you CAN send and receive via the web portal and so end's Sky's service agreement. POP is a feature of Googlemail and, as such, google are responsible for it working - hopefully they sort it out soon though, gets annoying with tier 1/CS passing customers through cold just because they don't want to have to deal with explaining it to someone so they fob it off to tier 2/3/CST
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well it's been almost another week and guess what I still have not had a call from Sky and I still cant get logged in via the web portal.

I tried to call sky technical support last night but was told that the lines were too busy and was put on to an automated system. Not even given the option of holding to speak to one of them!!

I will try again tonight, not that it will do any good as I will probable be told that the problem is being investigated.

I must admit I am very supprised as no servier inseption or testing seems to of been done for this. As midwife1948 said whats the point of putting all this extra functionality in if you cant even send an email. It's almost like sellign the new iPhone but stating that oyou can't make phone calles on it

I will keep you posted on my progress

the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unfortunately you seem to be one of the unlucky few who are still having problems.

I don't know why you don't just give up and get yourself another email provider. There are dozens out there. Stop wasting your time and money trying to get Sky to work.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I would vouch for Gmail personally, could can set it up to forward you mail onto your mail client like Outlook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast