Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Suck, No Email

This is a discussion on Sky Suck, No Email within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by the_sky_goat Unfortunately you seem to be one of the unlucky few who are still having problems. I ...

woollers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Middlesex
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Suck, No Email

Quote Originally Posted by the_sky_goat View Post
      Unfortunately you seem to be one of the unlucky few who are still having problems.

I don't know why you don't just give up and get yourself another email provider. There are dozens out there. Stop wasting your time and money trying to get Sky to work.

I think you'll find there are more than a few people still unable to access their sky e-mail three whole weeks after this skoogle migration fiasco. From one of my many costly and pointless conversations with sky customer "service" I learned that it is mainly secondary e-mail accounts which have been "corrupted" (ie lost). Beyond that, no indication of when I will be able to access an e-mail account which worked perfectly well until tampered with on 6 November. I've now had a letter thanking me "for my patience" (long gone) and stating "once we have a resolution we will contact you" (would that be 2008 or 2009 ?)

The only reason for pursuing the Sky e-mail issue is the hope of retrieving the several hundred e-mails that are stuck on a sky.tools server somewhere only Sky knows but can't retrieve.

I have now reverted to my hotmail and google accounts - but want to continue to handle all e-mail through Outlook 2003 as I have done for years. Any thoughts on who would be a good e-mail provider to use in this way?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      jonny1st is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ok does anybody that's used the internet longterm actually use their ISP's own email service? I think it's naive to rely on ISP as changes are made so frequently why not rely on a web based service that is independent of ISP. Fair enough if sky get it right then wahey but if not then u can stay with the free service. Stupidity is people get business cards and things printed up then realise there are problems. Again the T&C say no business use so ther's no comeback
      It doesn't get better than this band lol

the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woollers View Post
      I think you'll find there are more than a few people still unable to access their sky e-mail three whole weeks after this skoogle migration fiasco. From one of my many costly and pointless conversations with sky customer "service" I learned that it is mainly secondary e-mail accounts which have been "corrupted" (ie lost). Beyond that, no indication of when I will be able to access an e-mail account which worked perfectly well until tampered with on 6 November. I've now had a letter thanking me "for my patience" (long gone) and stating "once we have a resolution we will contact you" (would that be 2008 or 2009 ?)

The only reason for pursuing the Sky e-mail issue is the hope of retrieving the several hundred e-mails that are stuck on a sky.tools server somewhere only Sky knows but can't retrieve.

I have now reverted to my hotmail and google accounts - but want to continue to handle all e-mail through Outlook 2003 as I have done for years. Any thoughts on who would be a good e-mail provider to use in this way?

Thanks
      Well my comment was directed to AbernusUK, but I can only go on what has been posted on the skyuser website. People with email problems have dropped off massively since the start of the switch over. There are over 1 million Sky BB customers and yet questions and queries about the new email peaked over the first few days of the switch. Most of the new queries now centre on not being able to access mail via a POP client.

As I say, I only have what I see in front of me from 3 weeks of providing free technical support on this forum, I wouldn't know the official figures, and Sky certainly are not going to release them.

As for changing to another service provider, you already have a google account so you could handle your mail through Outlook on that account for free. Hotmail does provide POP servers but you have to pay for them.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

AbernusUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gateshead
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks to all for the suggestions and info you have provided, I am happy to announce that I now have Emails (139 of them to be exact)

how did I get them back, well..... I couldn't get to speak to a Team Leader (none were available every time I called up) So I got my wife to send in a Email complaint (she has the mail email address son the account) I called the general Sky TS number and told the person there to pass my call through to the Web Team and then was told I will get an Email or Call in 2 days.

Guess what no call but the email complaint my wife sent in got a response in 2 days!!!!!!! Turns out my email. account had been disabled, de-linked from the main account and not migrated. The email went on to explain what they had done to get my account working and I was told to log on with the password I changed it to on my last attempt.

Holding my breath I logged on to Sky.com - Email & Tools>Tools Page and entered my details. The screen froze...... after a short wait I got the Welcome message and I could access my emails for the first time in almost 5 weeks

I still can't believe it took almost 5 weeks to sort this one out thought

kpax88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Well you don't pay for your Sky Email, you pay for an internet service...

Why do people get so upset over their sky email not working? Its your fault for using it knowing that ISP emails aren't always stable. Once you leave an ISP the email is deleted, so it doesnt make sense to do it that way.

Complaining to Sky about your email will only lead to a letter saying they are sorry and thats it...

the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kpax88 View Post
      Well you don't pay for your Sky Email, you pay for an internet service...

Why do people get so upset over their sky email not working? Its your fault for using it knowing that ISP emails aren't always stable. Once you leave an ISP the email is deleted, so it doesnt make sense to do it that way.

Complaining to Sky about your email will only lead to a letter saying they are sorry and thats it...
      No - we pay for a Sky Broadband 'Package'. Internet & Email.

People get upset because they are paying for a service and not getting it. For all the reasons not to rely on your ISP for email, if you pay for a service you have a right to expect it to work. And when it doesn't you have a right to expect the technical support team at Sky to know how to fix it.

Irrespective of how cheap the Sky package is, or what other email options are available, people have a right to expect to get the service they are sold.

I completely agree that everyone on Sky should use someone else for their email provider though!

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12