Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I've done it! I've managed to access my sky email over the web and in outlook!!!!

This is a discussion on I've done it! I've managed to access my sky email over the web and in outlook!!!! within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; 1.) Go to...> Sky.com - Customer Support>New Sky Email and Tools ^^ DO NOT SKIP THAT. CLICK ON IT ^^^ ...

Monday is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWHAY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I've done it! I've managed to access my sky email over the web and in outlook!!!!

1.) Go to...>Sky.com - Customer Support>New Sky Email and Tools

^^ DO NOT SKIP THAT. CLICK ON IT ^^^

2.) click on e-mails and tools.

3.) Log in just the first part of your username. so xxxxx@sky.com

4.) click on go to inbox.

Success you've logged onto your sky-email!!!.

5.) Enablabling POP download.

on the top right click on mail settings.

now click on the POP and forwarding tab.

now enable POP for ALL mail.

6.) go to Sky.com - Customer Support>Broadband>Article and chose your POP program and follow the setps.

Hope this helps also if this doesnt work make sure you've unlcoked your sky e-mail.

https://www.google.com/a/sky.com/UnlockCaptcha

Hope this helps

Monday.
      Last edited by Monday; 18-11-07 at 01:28 PM.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: I've done it! I've managed to access my sky email over the web and in outlook!!!!

it does work - ive setup 5 people today and it all went through without a hitch....
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: I've done it! I've managed to access my sky email over the web and in outlook!!!!

Of course it works but as is human nature people will complain/ask for help when things don't work for them but when they do work there are no so many comments are made.

It works for me as well as did the old Sky email from day one.

woollers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Middlesex
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Iamnottheenemy - Help me please !!!!!!!!

12 days after "migration" I'm still without access to my sky.com e-mail accounts. Spoken at length to Sky Broadband Technical on three occasions and still waiting for the promised response via phone or e-mail to my "hotmail" a/d. If I log in as described above all I get to is this incredibly helpful message:

We're Sorry
      We have identified a problem with the set up of your Sky Email account. This should be resolved in the next few days so please try to login again in three days we are sorry for any inconvenience.

Sorry, but completely unable/unwilling to do anything about the problem

On my last call I was told my e-mail account had been "corrupted" and I would have to wait a few days while the escalation team looked at my account. That was Thursday. I really can't see the point of further calls on an 0870 number to a customer service team who appear to have no clout to get anything moving.

Who / what is Tier 3 ? Can they provide any kind of customer service and actually do something about my problem - which is of Sky's own making.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

tier 3 is the top line department of technical support, and they DO exist .....HOWEVER, the email team which are part of tier 3 would seem to not be public facing. I'm not 100% on this but from my experience we pass the ticket into the email que and it'll get dealt with when they pick the ticket up...

IF your account is corrupt, then you'll have to wait for the mailbox to be rebuilt....there are a lot of issues with the migration of the email account, and it's known by Sky, but obviously they don't know which accounts are corrupt unless it's reported and passed to the relevent que. That is where the issue seems to lie though. Tier 1 aren't always generating the tickets to the email que but to the normal tier 3 technical support que, which is dealt with as any sort of ticket system - oldest first, newest last (unless you get through to tier 3 on the phone) so it might be that your problem is still in the main que not the email one....

I'd like to think it'll get resolved soon but I don't have a time frame as it's not dealt with by 'normal' tier 3

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Escalations for email issues are raised by E-Form and go into the stack, there is no way to directly contact that group as pointed out by IAmNot. If you call back all you will get is the same response I'm afraid as all we can do is raise the E-form. When did your original email issue ticket get raised?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

QUOTE=PaulSky;110588]Escalations for email issues are raised by E-Form and go into the stack, there is no way to directly contact that group as pointed out by IAmNot. If you call back all you will get is the same response I'm afraid as all we can do is raise the E-form. When did your original email issue ticket get raised?[/QUOTE]

Hi PaulSky (sorry this is a long posting)

My original issue ticket was raised as an "e-form" on 8 November when overnight my e-mails had disappeared from Outlook 2003 following this migration. I seem to have a combination of errors on my e-mail accounts: I can't access sky.com/tools, "this portlet is unavailable", "there's an error on your account - contact us in 3 days" and various "unrecognised password" issues. Follow up calls on 12 and 15 November got no answers, only "please be patient". I'm so glad that my query has been "escalated" (12 November) - as a week later nothing has been resolved. Maybe it was the "down" escalator?

I've just had another 40 minute conversation with Broadband Technical - a helpful guy who again tried everything to get around some of the multiple problems on my e-mail accounts. Unlike my previous calls, he didn't blame Google for this ****-up. Sky seem to have been completely unprepared for D-Day on Skoogle. Apparently there are still over a dozen different technical problems affecting this migration. I have at least four affecting my family's e-mail accounts including the marvellous error message which tells me "You've come to the right place for new Sky EMail and Tools - but you're a little bit early" Brilliant! This sums it all up.

Why wasn't this migration to Google tested thoroughly before 7 November to iron out any problems? I work in broadcasting where any such switchover from one transmitter/transponder etc would only be approved once the new system had been rigorously checked for incompatability problems.

I'm now suffering (nearly two weeks of unaccessible e-mails) as a result of Sky's blundering incompetence. However, it's reassuring to know there's a yellow triangle / exclamation mark against my account. That seems to be the extent of providing me with customer service.

By the way, I'm glad that Sky is single-handedly trying to save the planet. Instead of letters (rather than e-mails which I obviously wouldn't receive) asking me to go "paperless," it might be an idea to put more resources into providing a decent customer service. I gather from my conversation this morning that I can expect no feedback on the progress of "rebuilding my e-mail" either by email (to my work address) or phone call. It's seems it's up to me, the customer to pursue Sky every 72 hours to see what is happening....

"Believe in Better" !!!! Believe in Bitter more like - or even Believe in BT.

PS.
      Paul / IamNotThe Enemy etc.
      People on this forum appreciate that you are trying to help on here as a sideline and must remain anonymous, but are you not able to raise some of the issues and comments posted on this forum with your management to make them realise what a disaster this migration has been?

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

We don't need to raise the issues to management, my TL is well aware what sort of disaster it has been and since the issues rasied here are already top of the Broadband Status Page Issue list you can be assured that top level management are aware too. We do however complain to our team leaders on a daily basis about how badly things were handled.
      As to testing, new account holders and some old account holders were migrating on a slow drip basis but it was causing a massive haedache on support trying to sort out if they were on the old or new system before you could even do anything, this went on for quite some time before someone decided enough was enough and that all accounts were going to migrate in one very large, very messy, very badly controlled hit.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      We don't need to raise the issues to management, my TL is well aware what sort of disaster it has been and since the issues rasied here are already top of the Broadband Status Page Issue list you can be assured that top level management are aware too. We do however complain to our team leaders on a daily basis about how badly things were handled.
      As to testing, new account holders and some old account holders were migrating on a slow drip basis but it was causing a massive haedache on support trying to sort out if they were on the old or new system before you could even do anything, this went on for quite some time before someone decided enough was enough and that all accounts were going to migrate in one very large, very messy, very badly controlled hit.

PaulSky

Thanks for the explanation. It sounds like some senior people should be falling on their swords. As always the top management will probably simply be given bonuses for their incompetence - as presumably there were money saving issues at the heart of this whole sorry affair.
      PS. Are the incompetents in question based in Scotland or Brentford?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woollers View Post
      QUOTE=PaulSky;110588]
      Paul / IamNotThe Enemy etc.[/U][/B] People on this forum appreciate that you are trying to help on here as a sideline and must remain anonymous, but are you not able to raise some of the issues and comments posted on this forum with your management to make them realise what a disaster this migration has been?
      the issues on here are already known, as PaulSky said - they're listed on the faults board right at the top so all tiers of tech support know there are problems...as do management

with regards to the e-forms - these should now be redundant as tickets can be made directly to the email que so they should be resolved quicker. whether they are or not remains to be seen...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast