Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Three days to deliver an email

This is a discussion on Three days to deliver an email within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello All I am a new user connected on Nov 6th - Just in time for the migration! All the ...

Brimaurg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01227
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Three days to deliver an email

Hello All

I am a new user connected on Nov 6th - Just in time for the migration! All the set up information I had was out of date but, thanks to this site, I managed, eventually, to get everything working - So a big thankyou to all of you.

My problem now is that I have just recieved 2 emails one of which took 2 days from sender to me and another which took 3 days. I'm beginning to wonder if mail that I have sent is arriving and whether I am missing mail that has been sent to me. Is anyone else having this trouble or any suggestions of what the problem might be.

I am using Outlook but, just in case, I am checking back to the Sky tools page and my old ISP to look for messages as I don't have too much confidence in my new set up.

Thanks

Brian (Just registered to the site today)

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: Three days to deliver an email

do you have another email account (say hotmail) which you could send/receive from. If so, send a test mail and reply to it to see how long the Sky system is taking....

bare in mind any issues are with Google, just that Sky obviously have to raise them. However, sky won't know there's a problem if you don't tell them...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket