Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Windows mail / Vista problems for new sky email

This is a discussion on Windows mail / Vista problems for new sky email within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've been on Sky for a couple of months and using windows mail with Vista with no problems. However I've ...

Bob Flemming is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01277
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Windows mail / Vista problems for new sky email

I've been on Sky for a couple of months and using windows mail with Vista with no problems. However I've just had to switch over to the new mail service. I have altered the settings in account to use pop.tools.sky.com and smtp.tools.sky.com, along with the changes for SSL.

I've tried all sorts of combinations as well as removing the entry from accounts in windows mail. However when ever it prompts me for my user name and password I put my bob.flemming@sky.com in and I always get the error message:

Account: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

I know my password is fine, as I log on via the sky home page web mail portal and can access my emails.

Does anyone know how to get over this one. I've mailed Sky on Sunday, but aside from an auto reply I've not got anything back from them.

2. Advertisement
      tittybiscuits is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: dunfermline
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Windows mail / Vista problems for new sky email

as u can imagine from what ppl have said on here about emails, the email response queue is rather large at the moment!!

enabled pop settings on Sky.com - Email & Tools>Tools Page yeh?

on the settings for windows mail, make sure Log ON Using Secure Password Authentication is unticked!! and that the 2 SSL boxes are ticked and the server port numbers are correct.

any joy now?

if not, may need to google unlock captcha link thats on the site here.

Robbo is offline Member
      Exchange: E. port
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Windows mail / Vista problems for new sky email

Just in case you haven't Bob when you log into your email via the new sky.com page have you enabled POP (from your email page click mail settings look for Forwarding and POP tab and enable POP)