Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

doin my head in

This is a discussion on doin my head in within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I log into email and tools..... Click on go to inbox or check email....... and get this: Hello there. If ...

easy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Willaston
      Broadband ISP: MAX
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

doin my head in

I log into email and tools.....

Click on go to inbox or check email.......

and get this:

Hello there. If you have just joined Sky Broadband, your Sky Email will be available soon.
      Not a Sky Broadband customer? What are you waiting for? Sign up at Sky Broadband - Broadband internet offers & broadband packages in the UK

Link to Tools homepage
      Link to Products and services

I just cannot get to view any emails.

Anyone help, or is this pretty normal at the moment?

Tried everything......off to find a bridge to leap off.

Guy

2. Advertisement
      the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: doin my head in

Slim chance - but have you tried going directly there via this link - http://mail.tools.sky.com

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hiya and thanks for the reply...

I input username and password and get...

big white page with:

Unable to get AuthnRequest.

aaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi have had the same problem all weekend, and then as if by magc at about 11.00 pm i suddenly was able to connect to my e mails, dont know why? All i can suggest is to phone sky(not a good idea) or like me be patient

macazone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01228
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: doin my head in? doin my wrists in

Since black Wednesday when booble migrated our email accounts to their new platform I have been daily slitting my wrists whilst computing and swimming around in a pool of blood. However, my wife has been very helpful in bringing me cups of hot tea and biscuits to replace my lost energy levels as I face the battle of trying to get my emails up and running.

I spoke to sky and after going through all the security questions she said.....'oh we do have a system problem at the moment'. She probably could have told me that to start with and saved a lot of time and breaking another finger.

I would like to pay my last respects to all those who have tried to help with their advise but having tried it all I have now lost the will to live. As we speak my left ear has become dislodged and is now lying on the keyboard, further hampering my efforts to type.

Well good bye every one, I just hope that on the other side when the earth is renewed and I get a new body that my new heavenly ISP will cause me less hassle, stress and worry.

Until then may your internet connection be fast, stable and secure.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sorry but you have to go through DPA first before we can discuss issues as otherwise we cannot put notes on your account to log the issue that is affecting your service.
      Did you speak with them today as we have been told that due to a glitch the migration would not complete on time and would actually not be sorted till last night/ this morning?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I actually spoke to someone late last night, servers down not due to be up and running until Monday (today).......apparently!

No Joy Yet

ltr potata

Guy

macazone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01228
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Paulsky, believe it or not I am now speaking to you from the other side, my migration went without a hitch unlike some recent attempts.

Sorry I don't understand DPA? I spoke to sky on Friday and filled in a form on Saturday which got returned saying I'd sent it to the wrong department.

What really makes me angry is that Sky do not have a service status page like plusnet to keep their customers up to date with technical issues. This would at least alleviate some of the frustration and expensive phone calls to their help desk - or is that want Murdock wants?

What I would like to hear is; when are they going to fix the email problem?

macazone

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

DPA is the questions that you answer about telephone number, address, account name and password. Data Protection Act. We have to ask the questions or we are breaking the law if we access your account details without checking the answers to the questions.
      As to the email, supposedly today it will be finished completely but that is what they said yesterday. A status board would be a good idea and I think you can still access an easynet status page but it only carries outage info for exchanges etc. Unfortunately Sky suffers from the same issue as many ISP/ telecoms companies..... a lack of communication with their customers and that is an issue that must be addressed at somepoint as it is one of the biggest complaints that you will hear time and time again.

jesserba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01204
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

PaulSky

I'm pretty new to this and don't know what your status is. Do you represent SKY? Anyway, I decided to switch to sky broadband about a month ago. Finally got my router last week and ever since have been trying to log on to my e-mail through the sky.com portal. No luck - "logon credentials incorrect". Since I switched to sky from my previous ISP (orange), I have not been able to send e-mails from my orange e-mail account through windows mail- although I can still receive them. I've spent many hours on the 08702 number and been promised three times that my problem would be escalated and I'd be contacted within 24 hours. I've just come off the phone after 1hr 32 mins. I spent the first 45 mins talking to someone who clearly couldn't help me and offered to "escalate my problem" (again) the next 15 mins were spent convincing him that I wasn't going away and persuading him to let me speak to a team leader. When Ann arrived, I spent 20 mins trying to convince her that I wasn't going away until I could speak to someone in the technical webmail support team. Apparently they don't have phones! I spent the last 12 minutes listening to some music as she went off to investigate. I was then automatically disconnected.

At no point was I told that Sky were having the terrible problems that appear to be evidenced on this website. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life - including insurers and banks which is saying something.

Any ideas?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast