Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What a fiasco

This is a discussion on What a fiasco within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Like everybody else, I was migrated over to the new Sky Email and Tools system on Tuesday. This is where ...

ian2773 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMHARRO - Harrowden
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What a fiasco

Like everybody else, I was migrated over to the new Sky Email and Tools system on Tuesday. This is where the problems start, but first, a bit of background.....

When we signed up to Sky in January, we all ready had a mySKY account (which was tied to our Sky customer account). We tried several times to order Sky Broadband online to no avail, so we called up and ordered it.

What they did (in spite of us telling them we had a mySKY account all ready) set up a separate mySKY account in my wifes name.

When we got Sky Broadband enabled, my wife was never able to access her email via the Sky Broadband portal, neither could she add additional users. She could, however access and use her Sky email account with the username and password that Sky supplied using POP3.

On our old mySKY account, we could create the additional user (me), and when we did that I was able to not only view my email on the portal, and I could also recieve via POP3.

So, all OK so far.... then we come to Tuesday....

We start getting the messages saying that our email has been migrated, so off to sky.com we went. My wife's account keeps coming up with a message of 'Profile incomplete' - so, we attempt to complete the profile, but when saving, it comes up with 'An unexpected error has occured'.

Next, we tried the Email & Tools tab - clicked on inbox, got a message of 'If you have signed up to Sky Broadband your email will be here soon'....

Then we tried the 'Manage my account' function on her account, came up with a box first to confirm T&C's, then to confirm email address, and then a message of 'Service unavailable'.....

Noticed that the 'Add additional users' function is on her account, went into this, and discovered that our old mySky account has been set up as an additional user on her account, and my account is nowhere!

So, I then log in to mySky on my own account - get messages all over the place saying 'Portlet not available' - clicked on 'Email and Tools' - Error 500 comes up.

Headed here, and saw others having the same problem. So, tried to go in via http://mail.tools.sky.com (still logged in as me at this point) to discover that I could, in fact access webmail! So, changed relevant settings and can now access POP fine on my account.

Then, logged in on my wife's account, I attempted the same thing - and got a Google page saying 'Invalid email'

Have emailed Sky's technical support, but 4 days without email is, quite frankly, ridiculous!

Any ideas what to do?

2. Advertisement
      davehargrave is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: What a fiasco

https://www.google.com/a/sky.com/UnlockCaptcha
      try this i had same problem for my wifes email but then found her password was a little different to mine now its working fine

ian2773 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMHARRO - Harrowden
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davehargrave View Post
      https://www.google.com/a/sky.com/UnlockCaptcha
      try this i had same problem for my wifes email but then found her password was a little different to mine now its working fine
      Tried that too - get a message of username and password do not match

Legendary is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pelsall (CMPEL)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It make me angry I have 2 email address and I couldn't remember the password for 2nd one.

I also think it is a **** idea moving over. I don't have any problem with old version. I don't understand why Sky have to make things lot more complicated.

Even I enter correct information and login code it still doesn't work. It need to stop fixing things when there is nothing wrong. I had been very disappointed with Sky in last 7 months.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

You may not have had issues with the old email system but many did, Sky are moving to a new and more feature laden system for it's customers as a way of offering what will be a more stable, more useful system.
      If you can't remember the password to your second account then I take it you have tried logging into sky.com with it and then doing a password reset?

phoe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stoneycroft
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
      It make me angry I have 2 email address and I couldn't remember the password for 2nd one.
      Couple of things for you to try - if you've got the second email address and password configured somewhere, but the password is not visible, there are a couple of free password retrieval apps that you can use - you simply drag a "crosshair" over to the hidden password, and it will reveal it for you.

007 Password Recovery (you only need 007pwd11.exe)
      Snadboys Revelation

A google for either should help (Revelation works better for some apps, but some AV apps report it as being malware - it will try to check for updates but if you simply refuse it access when your firewall asks if it can be let out, that's as much as it does, other than letting you know what the hidden passwords are :-) )

If you're stuck finding either, drop me a reply and I can send them to your working address :-}