Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Password rejected by sky mail server

This is a discussion on Password rejected by sky mail server within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by the_sky_goat bypassing sky.com and going straight to the webmail address with both you old and new passwords ...

kentmonkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Password rejected by sky mail server

Quote Originally Posted by the_sky_goat View Post
      bypassing sky.com and going straight to the webmail address with both you old and new passwords then sadly it is just a waiting game.
      Do you mean going directly to Sky Tools like you've linked to before? If that's the case yes sadly I've tried that but to no avail. I haven't changed the password for 24 hours and I've just sent an email off to Broadband support but last time I did that they never responded (was a different issue about 9-12 months ago) so I'm not too hopeful.

2. Advertisement
      paul01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Everything has been going well since I had horrendous problems when I joined sky and now its started all over again ..................................... help !

My e'mail account has been switched to the new email and tools service earlier this week. I have had no trouble accessing my account online. My user id and password are working ok. I can log on and get to my inbox, read emails and send emails etc. I have followed the instructions from sky carefully and made the changes required to enable forwarding and pop.

Like other people my outlook express account has also been changed inline with the instructions in the email (i have checked them a number of times now). However each time that also get the following message

' There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'sky email', Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92'.

Tried the unlock thing and spoken to Singapore (ha ha) just after I have recovered from the stresses last time and given up.

Can anybody else help,

Evil-Fruits|R4z is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Batley
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_sky_goat View Post
      Sorry, I am at a loss...

You have definitely switched on POP access through the webmail settings? Sorry to ask, but I am all out of ideas now!
      Yup, POP is enabled has been since the switchover. Really odd as it worked before but, since changing my PW it doesn't, think I'll give it till the weekend to see if Sky Server catches up and then I'll ring them.

R4z

Evil-Fruits|R4z is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Batley
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

YAYYYYYY!!!!

Started working again. I was just in the process of rerouting all my emails to another webmail and then retrieving them from there when I thought I would try one last time.

Enabled POP on the GMail settings again and low and behold it all started working with the Username and PW that works with the Sky Portal.

Guess I wont be changing my PW any time soon.

I guess that a little patience is all it takes, however I think it is wholly unacceptable how long its taken for Sky's servers to catch up.

R4z

daveyboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi guys
      Like many people who have had recent problems with the emails, I had been using Outlook as my email program and as soon as they (sky) made all the changes it was working fine (apart from another long running saga - but minor in comparison).
      Then nothing - no emails no progress.
      I was told by someone to log into sky.com and get into the emails that way, also going into email settings and make sure that pop was enabled. IT WORKED AFTER THAT FOR 12 HOURS - then i couldn't log in again just like before - so after lots of effort and reading loads of help and advice from the regular posters here (you know who you are) i decided to install various other email programs in an effort to get it all to work and still nothing.
      Went back to sky.com logged into emails looked at settings and then noticed configuration instructions - which all seems straight forward and easy to follow - but it talks about adding new accounts (ie. as if you are a new customer) so i thought i wonder what happens if you delete an account and then follow the instructions to reinstate it - and guess what - it may be a coincidence, but it seems to be working now (well at the moment - might not be now i have typed this email)
      Wonder if this works for other people

Godders is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01278
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

i know this is about a year to late and you've all probaly solved the prob; but i just wanted to say that when i went to the captcha site, after many frustrating ttempts, i discovered that it was my old password that sky had sent me that works, even though i login on sky mail as my new password. don't know if this might help future people with the same problem but it helped me.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Yep that happens when the passwords are out of sync across the servers in use for the system. Once they are all synchronised again it shouldn't happen again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234